Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Oh my god, if only I knew  (Read 2490 times)

code99

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Oh my god, if only I knew
« on: November 27, 2018, 08:24:42 AM »

Not entirely sure where to post this ... but

I just realized that you can remove (D) hull mods. I know the description of ships with D hull mods says you can do for a cost at a shipyard but I have never been able to figure out how to do it.

I thought either the feature is not implemented yet or there is something that you unlocked somehow later .... or I was missing something obvious.

Really, that restore button in the fitting screen should be moved to the fleet screen or at least point the player to the right place to do so. I've been playing for a while now not realizing you can remove those D mods.

Oh god, the amount of ships that I decided not to recover is just ... insane.

Am i the only one that feels certain things such as the restore function be more prominent or better told to the player?

intrinsic_parity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Oh my god, if only I knew
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2018, 08:36:53 AM »

It's definitely not obvious and could be moved/made more obvious I agree.
However, restoring is also not a no-brainer. It's quite expensive. It's not really worth it on common ships that you could buy easily (or now order from your faction) for less. I only use it on rare ships that I don't see very often. Better to have a new ship and a d-ship for the same price than one restored ship.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2018, 08:45:54 AM »

Sometimes, I restore ships on the spot even if I can produce them because 1) I have money to spare and 2) producing undamaged ships may not be guaranteed.  I would hate it if I wait a while for my Orbital Works to build my shiny new ship and the resulting ship still has one (D) mod after it rolls off the assembly line.

WastedAlmond

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2018, 08:46:49 AM »

I think the d-mod tooltip should mention the loadout screen, then the issue would be fixed. Though D-mods aren't that bad in most cases, so I rarely restore ships unless its like top of the line stuff.

code99

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2018, 08:51:20 AM »

Well, i dont have much issue with money so restoring is not a problem.

When I say "the amount of ships i decided not to recover", i was mostly refering to ships worth recovering. There were quite a few ships i wouldnt mind having but  I didnt know about the restore button so I scrapped them (they were quite banged up from me shooting at them earlier :) ).

Kirschbra

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2018, 09:49:25 AM »

Yea I think I remember Alex posting something about this once and i was like wait... I can remove the D mods.. It especially helps if your going for a full neutral and don't want to take a commission, just getting destroyers and above gets hard when you do that play style

solardawning

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2018, 10:57:35 AM »

Once you've built a colony, credits quickly trend toward unlimited for all practical purposes. At that point, there's no reason not to remove any d-mods on ships you'd consider using.

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2018, 05:20:07 PM »

I think if during the tutorial, the commander had you salvage a Hammerhead, that had a fixed D mod, then told you along the lines of "Yeah, your fleet needs a bit of help... Here is some credits, now I'll show you where to go to fix up ships like that Hammerhead of yours" I think it would help ALOT of people.
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

Kirschbra

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2018, 11:48:48 AM »

/\ good idea