Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Cautious officers rarity  (Read 1214 times)

TaLaR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Cautious officers rarity
« on: November 28, 2018, 08:22:41 AM »

Aren't cautious officers way too rare? Overwhelming majority are steady, aggressive/reckless are fairly easy to find on pirate worlds, but cautious ones are super rare.

I was unsatisfied with steady carrier performance in previous playthrough - way too suicidal.Not that steady ones can't work at all. Most enemies are weak enough that it didn't matter. But against stronger enemies it did.
So I tried looking for cautious officers (without skills that are not good for carriers as extra filtering condition). Result? 10 steady officers and carrier-less fleet... I didn't get single one.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2018, 08:25:12 AM by TaLaR »

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Cautious officers rarity
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2018, 08:48:59 AM »

Made a note!

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2018, 09:04:15 AM »

Alex, are cryo officers merely weighted to be steady, or is it certainty/bug? I haven't found an officer in cryo that wasn't steady.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2018, 09:33:46 AM »

It's based on what factions have colonies nearby and defaults to independent if there aren't any - so in practice it'll end up with mostly steady. Made a note to adjust that, as well.

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2018, 09:50:45 AM »

Well, if they were really cautious, they probably wouldn't have ended up in a cryo pod in the middle of nowhere hoping for a rescue.  Right?

I'm not sure if it works this way already, but I'd suggest that, one, having a patrol base ensures at least one officer for hire at your planet (and perhaps the upgrades add more guaranteed officers?) and that what you set as your faction's fleet stance would heavily weight the personality of officers for hire.  That way, if you want to go fishing for a cautious officer, or a reckless one, you can.
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.