Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Store Overcrowed  (Read 9222 times)

rada660

• Captain
    • View Profile
Store Overcrowed
« on: March 06, 2012, 05:18:25 PM »

Ive noticed in late game the store start to get over crowed with fuel and supply ( i got in my actual game 7 row of 500 in each case of fuel and supply)

thus its make difficult to try to sell something since you got to place your good in an empty place.

so a simple suggestion, limit the supply and fuel quantity available in a shop, if you buy everything, then its would get resupplied like the game work right now, and maybe do a section of the shop for selling ( like jettison when you look at your cargo ) so you just drop your stuff here to sell your stuff

just my 2 cents :3

ArthropodOfDoom

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Store Overcrowed
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2012, 05:21:52 PM »

Ctrl-click on whatever you need to get rid of, automatically removes it from your inventory and places it in an empty slot.
Let's say I'm captaining the ISS Slightly Lopsided Isosceles Triangle here.

rada660

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Store Overcrowd
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2012, 10:12:29 PM »

oh didnt know that one! thanks! :D tho, the overcrowd store make the store actually laggy when ya try to shop D:

leonvision

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2012, 11:00:00 PM »

i think crew, marines, fuel and supplies should stack up to around 25000 per slot IN THE STORE, but only up to 500 in our cargo, this should eliminate the problem.
twitter: lagdotexe - mainly about gaming

factotum

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2012, 12:02:27 AM »

Ctrl-click on whatever you need to get rid of, automatically removes it from your inventory and places it in an empty slot.

Doesn't work if you only want to get rid of *part* of a stack, though, which is likely if you're selling off supplies (and eventually fuel, once that becomes useful for something!).

Flare

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2012, 12:49:23 AM »

I just split the stack, then put it in the square next to it, and crtl click that most of the time. I'm also having trouble imagining an item that requires you to do this ad infinitum. I can understand one stack of supplies or fuel, but why would you do it to all of them?
Quote from: Thana
Quote from: Alex

The battle station is not completely operational, shall we say.

"Now witness the firepower of this thoroughly buggy and unoperational batt... Oh, hell, you know what? Just ignore the battle station, okay?"

OrangeLima

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2012, 05:01:11 AM »

i think crew, marines, fuel and supplies should stack up to around 25000 per slot IN THE STORE, but only up to 500 in our cargo, this should eliminate the problem.

This man... is a genius.

Reshy

• Admiral
  • White
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2012, 06:56:49 AM »

Why?

Nori

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2012, 07:59:47 AM »

Much higher stacking for at least fuel and supplies would be awesome. 500 is way to low once you get a lot of ships...

leonvision

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2012, 08:48:51 AM »

Why?
it's the original limit, the idea of stack more is only to clean up the store and make it look more clean, the original limit should stay for within our cargo bay. besides, when alex actually puts in the cargo limit, you probably wont find yourself with more than 500 of anything until late game.

i dont object against it if alex wants to increase the stack limit, it doesnt really break the balance of the same, i dont think, seeing we get 49slots(iirc, dont quote me on this) and that's way more than we need, there's no way we can fill all of that without breaking the cargo limit. well, unless you go around collecting one of each weapon.

Much higher stacking for at least fuel and supplies would be awesome. 500 is way to low once you get a lot of ships...

are you talking about a fleet that's over the limit? i never had any problems with having stacks of supplies/fuel with a large fleet, i keep my fleets under 200 points though.
twitter: lagdotexe - mainly about gaming

Nori

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2012, 09:37:08 AM »

Way too low was a bit of a exaggeration, I'd be fine with upping in ship to 1000. But true, you are generally fine if you keep the fleet under 200 points. Though once character skills get added in we will be able to get more fleet points.

Reshy

• Admiral
  • White
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2012, 09:40:40 AM »

Why?
it's the original limit, the idea of stack more is only to clean up the store and make it look more clean, the original limit should stay for within our cargo bay. besides, when alex actually puts in the cargo limit, you probably wont find yourself with more than 500 of anything until late game.

i dont object against it if alex wants to increase the stack limit, it doesnt really break the balance of the same, i dont think, seeing we get 49slots(iirc, dont quote me on this) and that's way more than we need, there's no way we can fill all of that without breaking the cargo limit. well, unless you go around collecting one of each weapon.

I don't see a reason to make to separate stacking systems.  It over complicates things.

Nori

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2012, 09:42:08 AM »

The best solution? Just make the stack size mod-able.. :)

Chittebengo

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2012, 12:19:10 PM »

I was actually thinking the AI factions would be purchasing and selling standard items as some kind of large-scale economy.  Them having a constant demand for marines, fuel, supplies, could offset the merchants supplying items. 

Maybe even throw in some small economics, supply vs demand? Hm? Maybe? My inner finance nerd would squeal in delight.  Each station having its own economy could enable a player to assume a merchantile role in the future as well, giving us a broader use for the high-cargo capacity ships.  As the game is developed further and additional goods and materials are brought into play, and the mining/planetary aspects, this micro and macro econ could become a fun niche aspect.

(Pirates having that huge gas giant might corner fuel supply market? dunno.)

rada660

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2012, 09:47:57 PM »

to what chittebengo said... i sense a 2D version of EVE online >_>
Pages: [1] 2 3