Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Phase ships aren't scared enough of Mines  (Read 1082 times)

Embolism

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Phase ships aren't scared enough of Mines
« on: November 27, 2018, 05:25:16 AM »

The biggest killer of my own phase frigates is my AI Doom. Quite often I'll see phase frigates uncloak on top of friendly Doom mines even when they have no flux (so aren't at all forced to uncloak), and then get blown to smithereens. It's not uncommon for phase frigates to die right at the end of the fight as they do their "Phase victory dance" and uncloak on a yet-to-explode mine.

I'm not sure if the same applies to enemy Doom mines, but something's off with how Phase ships determine mine threat. It's not a misjudging AoE issue either as they literally uncloak stacked on a mine sometimes.

SafariJohn

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Phase ships aren't scared enough of Mines
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2018, 06:19:03 AM »

I've had a friendly phase ship uncloak on top of my ship for no reason while travelling. May be related.

Embolism

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2018, 06:23:37 AM »

It's not just uncloaking (although that's the most common way it happens), they can also just fly right into them without bothering to Cloak, or in the case of the Shade lazily drift into explodey range while using their EMP Emitter.

intrinsic_parity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2018, 09:03:37 AM »

I've had issues with conventional ships colliding/interfering with LOS of other ships a lot as well. I'm wondering if there is some bug with friendly ships being aware of where other friendly ships are/what they are doing.