Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Cannot attack allied battlestation if enemy fleet is nearby.  (Read 483 times)

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Cannot attack allied battlestation if enemy fleet is nearby.
« on: November 27, 2018, 05:32:56 AM »

Two bugs actually.

Title bug:  Cannot attack allied battlestation if enemy fleet is in range.
I made it to the Hegemony planet with Orbital Works (for blueprint raiding), with patrols... distracted, and my transponder off.  Stealth raid for the win!  Only problem, a pirate fleet nearby.  I attempt to attack the battlestation to lower their defenses to a more manageable number, but the game only offered me to join the fight to kill that small pirate fleet next to it.  Attacking the battlestation was not even offered, and I was not allowed to do it unless I kill that pirate fleet first.  (Why would I if I want a pirate fleet to distract Hegemony while I slip away?)  I did not want to kill the pirate fleet, I want to kill the battlestation!  (As consolation, I still had just enough marines to cross that 40% threshold for a blueprint raid, and raided the planet successfully anyway for a blueprint.)

Another bug:  Can turn on transponder after raid without causing hostilities.
Since I did not fight any fleet and just raided for blueprints, I can turn my transponder on to keep any incoming patrols happy while the Hegemony are none the wiser regarding my smash-and-grab.

Addendum:  While I can turn on transponder after the raid and Hegemony will be happy, I cannot dock normally at the station I just raided.  While being unable to trade after docking the station is to be expected (it would be funny to sell their nanoforge back right after the raid), it is strange that Hegemony will not turn hostile after I turn on transponder just because I did not get into a proper fight with one of their fleets.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2018, 08:41:32 AM by Megas »