Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Make Building tooltips list the revenue generated by each of its exports.  (Read 825 times)

TJJ

• Admiral
    • View Profile

The tooltips for buildings only show their upkeep cost, not the revenue they generate from exports.
For the player to gauge profitability they obviously need both revenue & upkeep.*

Obtaining the revenue that's a direct result of the building is a rather slow & tedious process, requiring the player to manually add up the export value of each of the goods produced by the building.

Showing this information in the tooltip would make life easier for both those wanting to optimize their income, and those still learning how the economy system works. (e.g. It'd more verbosely demonstrate why a 5 production building becomes worthless when operating alongside an 8 production building)

*(arguably the demand created by a building also has monetary value if it's being fulfilled by your own colonies, but accounting for that is more complex and beyond the scope of a simple tooltip.)
« Last Edit: November 25, 2018, 10:50:39 AM by TJJ »

intrinsic_parity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Make Building tooltips list the revenue generated by each of its exports.
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2018, 11:09:53 AM »

Yes please, this would be a very nice change.

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile
Re: Make Building tooltips list the revenue generated by each of its exports.
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2018, 11:34:38 AM »

there is an income tab in the D command screen that lists this stuff better.
Not broken down the way you're looking for, but it does list all commodity income by colony and then all building expenses below it which is easier to piece together at a glance w/o needing to hunt stuff down in the colony info screen
Quote from: Deshara
I cant be blamed for what I said 5 minutes ago. I was a different person back then