Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Decivilized Modifer Should Change or Disappear After Long Term Colonization  (Read 1978 times)

Piemanlives

• Commander
  • I've Got This, I think...
    • View Profile

Now I understand that there might be reasons for not wanting the modifier to change but it does seem weird that rebuilding a colony to size 10 still means that you have a sizable decivilized population. Perhaps the modifier becomes say... "Recivilized Population" which still has a stability modifier but isn't as impactful as the original at different colony sizes, perhaps going away all together at size 10. Building a colony to size 10 is an investment in credits and effort after all, so why wouldn't we reintegrate the original inhabitants if only to punch mobs and local warlords in the face.
This is called me throwing my missile swarm at you, and by swarm I mean massacre, and by missiles... I actually just mean missiles, there's actually not much to it really.

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Yeah, it's a little bizarre it doesn't disappear. Maybe Alex hasn't come to doing it yet. I'd make it disappear on size 6-8, on the basis that even if decivilized population still exists, it's relatively a smaller annoyance. When you have millions of people on your planet, they are capable of fending natives off all by themselves.

Piemanlives

• Commander
    • View Profile

I'd make it disappear on size 6-8, on the basis that even if decivilized population still exists, it's relatively a smaller annoyance. When you have millions of people on your planet, they are capable of fending natives off all by themselves.
Thing is colonies decivilize at 0 Stability, not on loss of population (Though the aftershock of planetary bombardment is a common decivilizer). So it's entirely possible for a decivilized population in the millions to exist so long as they can keep themselves fed and protected. Which is why I suggested a gradient of recivilization and modifier reduction.
This is called me throwing my missile swarm at you, and by swarm I mean massacre, and by missiles... I actually just mean missiles, there's actually not much to it really.

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile

tbf a size 9 planet (ours IRL) can fit into the size of Rhode Island; a sufficiently angry & well-armed population & stockpiled population could trivially continue to exist in planet-ruining nuke-armed bunkers even after somebody came along and founded a city on a different continent.
And that's today. The world of SS has nanoforges and autofactories, planet-cracking weapons and antimatter fuel. I think if people who survived antimatter saturation bombing didn't want to become a part of your new city, you'd be hard-pressed to find ways to force them to.

God know I wouldn't wanna be the one to bring brochures to the door of somebody who survived having a Prometheus's fuel tank emptied into the atmosphere
Quote from: Deshara
I cant be blamed for what I said 5 minutes ago. I was a different person back then

Piemanlives

• Commander
    • View Profile

If they were angry isolationists sure. Except the decivilized population modifier also gives a bonus to colony growth. Meaning that enough people are interested in joining the colony that it makes a noticable difference.

Sutopia

• Admiral
    • View Profile

I think there should be some kind of operations to reform or clean up the planet at some "reasonable" cost.
For example, with military base on size 7+ market, you're able to call for a "Security rectification", spending 2 mil credit for 80% chance removing "decivilized" status.
Similarly, at like size 8 and with high command, enable removing some other debuff status with ridiculous high cost.
Implementing this also solves the problem that some player got trapped into colonizing high hazard planet with so-so resource and unable to get rid of it later in game.

Since all my mods have poor reputation, I deem my efforts unworthy thus no more updates will be made.

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile

If they were angry isolationists sure. Except the decivilized population modifier also gives a bonus to colony growth. Meaning that enough people are interested in joining the colony that it makes a noticable difference.

nuclear craster can't keep all of his daughters in the iron cabin
Quote from: Deshara
I cant be blamed for what I said 5 minutes ago. I was a different person back then

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile

I think there should be some kind of operations to reform or clean up the planet at some "reasonable" cost.
I like to see this for Pather cells.  It is annoying that it is effectively permanent and the best player can do is knock out a base once a year.  I want my ground forces to do a clean sweep and dispose of them one way or another.