Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Setting ship to Autopilot changes Autofire  (Read 1798 times)

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
Setting ship to Autopilot changes Autofire
« on: November 24, 2018, 11:09:38 AM »

When you enter combat and set your ship to go on Autopilot, the AI will seemingly at random toggle Autofire on your weapon groups.  This also includes ships that aren't under your command at the moment, as Transferring Command to that ships will show it's weapon group Autofire will also have been toggled.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 11:16:37 AM by The Soldier »
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Setting ship to Autopilot changes Autofire
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2018, 11:24:10 AM »

Right, it'll manage autofire status depending on what it feels is appropriate to the situation.

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
Re: Setting ship to Autopilot changes Autofire
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2018, 11:34:43 AM »

Right, it'll manage autofire status depending on what it feels is appropriate to the situation.
Which feels odd since I let it go on Autopilot to direct the fleet, come back, and all of a sudden my Heavy Blasters aren't on Autofire and I'm wondering why they're not shooting.  Also has a nasty side effect of selecting a weapon group but displaying the weapon arc of another - I've wasted many racks of Sabot missiles like that thinking I'd selected a different weapon group.  IIRC this wasn't the case last patch, where the Autopilot AI fiddled with your Autofire settings?  Feels like a bug, as it's not mentioned in the patch notes.

What's more is the Autopilot AI doesn't actually follow the Autofire settings - if my Heavy Blasters get turned off while in Autopilot, those will still happily fire at any targets.  I can watch the Autofire toggles go on an off without it actually affecting what weapons fire.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 06:52:23 PM by The Soldier »
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.