Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Colonies and Expeditionary forces  (Read 7617 times)

FabianClasen

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Colonies and Expeditionary forces
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2018, 01:52:56 AM »

On a related matter: are you guys able to join your own defence fleets in battle?
Mine apperently do not trust me enough.

https://imgur.com/a/De5jR9l
--------------------------------
Not a native English speaker.

Piemanlives

• Commander
  • I've Got This, I think...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2018, 02:00:11 AM »

On a related matter: are you guys able to join your own defence fleets in battle?

Do you have your transponder off?

That's the only time I've had something similar happen.
This is called me throwing my missile swarm at you, and by swarm I mean massacre, and by missiles... I actually just mean missiles, there's actually not much to it really.

Serenitis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2018, 02:59:00 AM »

Yes. Keep transponder on in your system(s).

One issue I've been having is that when I join my defence fleet, they instantly decide to let the enemy leave resulting in no combat and the target fleet escaping.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2018, 04:57:06 AM »

Tip:  If your battlestation is busy fighting one fleet, and you could fight a different battle next to it (like against another invasion fleet), the station will not be available to help.  One enemy fleet attacked the station and a few patrols joined in.  Another enemy fleet came from another direction and I intercepted it.  Battlestation could not join despite being in range.  I reloaded game to join the first fight with battlestation support, then intercept the other fleet and get battlestation backup.

@ TaLaR:  Thanks, I did not think of looking for bases that way; much easier than clicking on every single star on the map.  Would this work if the system their base in is unexplored?  The system the base was in was explored.

TaLaR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2018, 06:03:28 AM »

@Megas
Yep, it just shows everything. You can even lay course directly to hidden pather stations in unexplored systems.

Igncom1

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2018, 06:33:36 AM »

Quick question guys/gals what does the patrol HQ and up actually do? Because I can't see the link between them and my patrol fleets.
Sunders are the best ship in the game.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2018, 06:40:45 AM »

Military Base gives more stability (I think) and produces marines.  Patrol HQ does not produce marines.  Big upgrade over patrol HQ if your colony is permanent and extra upkeep is not a problem, especially if you want ground defenses and do not want to import your marines.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2018, 06:42:44 AM by Megas »

FabianClasen

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2018, 01:06:08 PM »

On a related topic, do you know how to find out the location of pather bases?
For pirate bases i usually get on my port/station, and some drunk pirate will spill the location over a drink. I did not see that happen with pather bases though.

Also, is there any way to remove the cells once on the planet? Even with max stability they seem to stay.

As for the opening topic: thanks for you input. I have Star bases on every planet now, and the expeditions are not really standing a chance anymore.
Was a great gaming axperience to struggle until the colonies could defend themselves. Top!

--------------------------------
Not a native English speaker.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2018, 01:10:24 PM »

There's a bug (fixed for the next release) where if you're friendly (>=75 rep) to the expection's faction, you can't join.

You don't actually need your transponder to be on to join your faction's fleets, btw.
Pages: 1 [2]