Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: my List of suggestions  (Read 1184 times)

GameGuru

• Ensign
    • View Profile
my List of suggestions
« on: November 24, 2018, 03:02:22 AM »

Ive lurked here for years and this will be my first post after having played 0.9a I saw alot of things that needed to be changed to improve the flow of the game

1: make Hull Damage specifically take metals to repair and not supplies, you already know where i'm going with this, the player receives so much useless metals throughout the game even if sold properly or given to colony it, you would just receive another few hundred metals on your next expedition out to space you constantly have metals in your inventory. This change would also help reduce supply use but not drastically as CR would still take 90% of the supply use throughout the game and reduce CR spikes from taking all your supplies from an intense hull damaging battle. Supplies are meant for food, Ammunition, tools, Gear, Weapons and logistics not to repair hulls.

2:your own Faction, it doesn't feel like I own a faction in the current version, It doesn't show up in the faction list, doesn't issue mission unless you go to the bar and no reputation to limit the player from just nanoforging 4 paragons and winning. other factions have more power then the faction you create, Hegemony can come and take hours worth of AI cores from your world without even engaging in a battle, Luddic path infiltrate and causes uncontrollable disturbances  even with max luddic path reputation. Here is what we must do, you create an approval rating system to replace reputation and issue missions based around pleasing the people of your colony, The more approval rating the more production capacity goes to custom production funds. Equalize my faction with the other factions, If the other factions can cause economic damage to a colony, you either take that away from them or give me the option to take AI cores from Hegemony.

3:Slow the game down, in just a few hours, I have colonies flying around with Paragons FFS, a Paragon Blueprint should be in the deepest reaches of space not in the first star I visit thanks.
4:Hazard rating should cause accidents like volcanic eruptions and stuff not just a flat increase in upkeep. also a way to reduce Hazard Rating with an upgrade of some sort or a slow terraforming option
5: as a personal touch change the colors on the factions and the coloration of ships seems to unsaturated, we need more colors.

Darloth

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: my List of suggestions
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2018, 03:12:52 AM »

3. You got lucky!  I haven't found one yet, and I've also been playing for many hours.  In fact I've had terrible luck with blueprints, but I have a nice couple of planets and a synchrotron.  The thing about random drop chances is they seem really weird.

BillyRueben

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2018, 08:01:35 AM »

4:Hazard rating should cause accidents like volcanic eruptions and stuff not just a flat increase in upkeep. also a way to reduce Hazard Rating with an upgrade of some sort or a slow terraforming option

Please no. Terra-forming just makes every planet feel the same, and would take away the need to explore. Why settle that jungle planet at the edge of the sector when the volcanic planet near the core systems can be fixed up? Also, I hate the idea of random "accidents" happening on high hazard planets. The increased upkeep cost already includes the additional needs of facilities in hazardous areas.

Hiruma Kai

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2018, 08:12:34 AM »

Regarding 3:  My current play through ship of the line for my defense fleets is the Apogee.  Beats using a Venture.  Yeah, I've found the high tech blueprint set, the missile set, and that's about it.  I have no supply/survey problems but actually trying to take out a Pather starbase is interesting.

intrinsic_parity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2018, 02:51:54 PM »

Yeah the loot is totally RNG and you got super lucky. I still haven't found a capital blueprint after many hours of play, but I found two synchrotrons at the first mining station I visited.

I wouldn't mind terraforming but only as a super late game money sink, not something available to the player when they are establishing their first several colonies. Maybe an industry that can built at a colony that adds or removes hazards/modifiers to a planet over the course of several years with a very high upkeep. The modifiers that can be changed should also be limited so that ridiculous things like removing 'low gravity' modifiers don't happen. I imagine this mostly as a way to reduce hazard rating and maybe add some food production, not a way to make all colonies the same.
Spoiler
The terraformer could be like the planetary shield locked behind some late game boss fleet with a bit of story surrounding it
[close]