Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: [0.9 RC10] Post-battle Scavenenging: no AI cores  (Read 1402 times)

Shad

• Commander
    • View Profile
[0.9 RC10] Post-battle Scavenenging: no AI cores
« on: November 23, 2018, 04:05:02 PM »

Playing a vanilla 0.9 game, I have noticed a distinct lack of AI cores in my possession, far less than expected given my exploration. The only alpha I got was from a mission, and the couple of beta/gammas seem to have come from research stations.

After looking in more detail, it seems there is no AI cores in post battle or debris salvaging after fighting REDACTED, even fighting the major fleets with battleship-tier enemies. I even took out a Nexus: no cores.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9 RC10] Post-battle Scavenenging: no AI cores
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2018, 04:08:53 PM »

Noted, thank you! Was reported as affecting REDACTED station, but looks like it's more widespread.

TaLaR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2018, 02:16:51 AM »

(level 50 character with 2 size 9 colonies, having explored 2 red-beacon systems and 2 yellows.)

I did get exactly 1 Alpha core out of fighting multiple REDACTED fleets. Somewhere between 5-10 fleets with at least a Radiant and respective other ships in each.
Beta cores are also fairly rare - I have less than 5 total, do not remember sources.
Gamma cores are dirt-common, at least compared how low demand for them is. Have about 30-40 total.

Do not know if these are intended amounts.

Schwartz

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2018, 03:14:26 AM »

I would say the cores I got from fleet fights are sufficient. I got a ton of gamma cores and 5-6 betas off the bigger fleets. I got no cores off the 2 medium stations I took out, and the salvage from these generally was a bit weak. The one alpha core was from an abandoned installation.

LeopoldStotch

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2018, 12:57:04 PM »

Never got cores of battles, only from installations and ruins.

Alpha cores only from Research Stations, same with BPs.
Those things are goldmines.