Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Campaign Coordinated Manuevers  (Read 962 times)

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile
Campaign Coordinated Manuevers
« on: November 23, 2018, 04:35:27 AM »

my fleet and a faction patrol chased enemy patrol. I emergency burn, friendly patrol emergency burns. I sustained burn, friendly fleet sustained burns. I interdicted and he interdicted too, actually lol If it had just done one of the three options I wasn't doing one of us would have caught it and the other would reinforce.
It feels like we should have the (skill locked?) ability to indicated to nearby fleets that you intend to reinforce them to disable any of their self preservation and to request they not use the same campaign ability as you so you can do a coordinated intercept and then reinforce eachother, and for friendly fleets attempting to flee hostiles to maintain contact with your fleet so if they get caught they can drag you into the fight and lets nearby hostiles realize that if they catch said faction patrol they'll have to deal with you

I'm dealing a lot with 1 or 2 frigate fast pickets blockading my world so my mercantile fleet won't land, even if I'm sitting on the world with a heinous doomstack that merely can't catch the pickets but would put them in the dirt if the mercantile fleet allows them to tie themselves down with an engage
also I keep running into situations where I'll reinforce a 1 frigate friendly fleet in an engage and the hostiles will disengage bc I showed up but the friendly fleet just chooses to harry bc their fleet isn't sizeable enough to press their advantage even if mine can max out DP. I think we should be given the option to over-ride a friendly fleet's "Harry" option -- like, if they choose to harry and I choose to run them down their two kites shouldn't have more say in the matter than my six destroyers with a 12 frigate strike detachment.
Quote from: Deshara
I cant be blamed for what I said 5 minutes ago. I was a different person back then

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile
Re: Campaign Coordinated Manuevers
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2018, 06:49:24 AM »

i cant fight the sindrian expedition fleet sent to saturate-bomb my colony bc my faction fleets get first picks about what to do and are letting it go without even harrying it. It's actually really annoying, I spent over 200,000 credits upgrading my salvage fleet into a kill fleet, i want to put these fools in the dirt but I can't bc a kite pilot under my employ doesn't want me to

https://imgur.com/a/6sfmQrZ
I cant be blamed for what I said 5 minutes ago. I was a different person back then

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile
Re: Campaign Coordinated Manuevers
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2018, 06:58:50 AM »

but when I don't involve myself and just sit and float for a few days the pickets that engaged it eventually auto-resolved an actual combat -- and would simply refuse to fight the enemy if my massive killfleet was involved.
what are they hiding from me