Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Faction Reputation  (Read 2031 times)

DaddyO

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Faction Reputation
« on: November 26, 2018, 04:17:07 PM »

Okay been playing Starsector 0.9a now for past 3 days and it is a big change.  I wanted to wait for some modders to get their stuff updated before I took a dive into the game and I am impressed with everyone's work to make this game more interesting and time wasting for me.  ;D

So while I have been just scavenging and salvaging and exploring the sector, I have not taken many of the bounties and I have done a fair share of cargo hauling from the bar scene, so I now am ready to setup shop on a planet either in the Core Worlds or a few I found outside and I notice that my reputation with a few factions is at only favorable or at neutral still.  How do I get my reputation up with say just one factions besides just killing hostiles that come into their zone of influence?  I really would like to have a few allies and it seems it is very hard to do this now.  Am I missing the boat on this?  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Euphytose

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Faction Reputation
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2018, 11:01:05 PM »

You can do bounties for them, or trade. For Tri-Tachyon you can also just pay back the loans that you sometimes get in the bars. Another great way is wait for a system wide bounty and then kill every pirate you see, it adds up fairly quickly.