Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Templates question  (Read 2685 times)

Galwail

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Templates question
« on: November 25, 2018, 10:16:04 AM »

Hi, is it possible to find templates for all the ship variants?

Spoiler
For example I got several copies of Hegemony auxiliaries, but no actual XIV template.
[close]

Hydra7-1

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Templates question
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2018, 11:13:45 AM »

I'm not sure, I haven't seen one before for the xiv but that doesn't mean it isn't out there.

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2018, 11:49:59 AM »

While XIV BP's exist in the code, it is set not to drop. Sorry
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

Galwail

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2018, 12:05:48 PM »

Thinking about it ... it actually makes the faction more interesting. They have something unique and there are still numerous way to get XIV ships.

Dudok22

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2018, 12:17:45 PM »

Not even Hegemony has the blueprints or facilities to build new XIV hulls. (At least according to the lore)

Reinhark

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2018, 08:58:18 AM »

While XIV BP's exist in the code, it is set not to drop. Sorry

Not even Hegemony has the blueprints or facilities to build new XIV hulls. (At least according to the lore)

This of course is not true.

During a raid, there is a chance for "Burst" of blueprints to drop. You could potentially get approximately up to 5 rare blueprints in a raid.

After repeated 25 raids on that 8 population hegemony planet I've attempted(so I could rightfully appropriate their nanoforge), I hit jackpot and stole their XIV blueprints with blueprint burst.

I am only using a faction mod, graphicslib, magiclib and lazylib so I am pretty sure this is intended behaviour.

Edit: In addition I've scoured about 70% of the uncharted sector. I have never ever seen XIV blueprints drop from there.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2018, 09:03:11 AM by Reinhark »

Cyan Leader

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2018, 09:31:12 AM »

I can also confirm that XIV blueprints are acquirable.

LeopoldStotch

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2018, 10:43:47 AM »

[/quote]

This of course is not true.

During a raid, there is a chance for "Burst" of blueprints to drop. You could potentially get approximately up to 5 rare blueprints in a raid.

After repeated 25 raids on that 8 population hegemony planet I've attempted(so I could rightfully appropriate their nanoforge), I hit jackpot and stole their XIV blueprints with blueprint burst.

I am only using a faction mod, graphicslib, magiclib and lazylib so I am pretty sure this is intended behaviour.

Edit: In addition I've scoured about 70% of the uncharted sector. I have never ever seen XIV blueprints drop from there.
[/quote]

I have raided that planet almost 50 Times and still did not get any BPs. I disrupted all industry except orbital works.

Cyan Leader

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2018, 10:54:10 AM »

I've raided TT so much looking for an Aurora BP that all their stations have become decivilized before I could find it. That's just how it is sometimes.

Reinhark

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2018, 11:00:39 AM »

I've raided TT so much looking for an Aurora BP that all their stations have become decivilized before I could find it. That's just how it is sometimes.

I have scoured approximately 30% of the sector in 3 separate playthorughs(except I've exported my save manually, including BP data.).

During that time I've found a single Aurora BP. In a research station.

I recommend you to fill up your fuel tanks, prepare 3 hour long podcasts and leave sector for the next 2 ingame years.

Cyan Leader

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2018, 11:04:17 AM »

My sector is about 60-70% explored already actually. I'm actually looking for a secret event which I haven't had the chance to experience myself yet, so I'm slowly going system to system. No Aurora yet.

For reference I've found 5 Paragon BPs.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2018, 11:05:50 AM by Cyan Leader »

Galwail

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2018, 04:40:11 PM »

I recommend you to fill up your fuel tanks, prepare 3 hour long podcasts and leave sector for the next 2 ingame years.

That is how I play usually. I create my first colony and then never return to the core worlds again. Exploration, pirate/pather bases and bounties are all outside of the core worlds and the colony can provide all the support I need  ;D