Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Using Alpha AIs as admins should trigger Remnant raids  (Read 2045 times)

Cyan Leader

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Using Alpha AIs as admins should trigger Remnant raids
« on: November 22, 2018, 07:34:19 AM »

As per title. There is really no real punishment over using it besides the fact that the Hegemony sends an easy to deal inspection every now and then.

Moreover, an invasion fleet of Remnants would be stronger than pretty much every other faction (maybe sans a really strong TT fleet), providing a very good lategame challenge.

Gothars

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Eschewing obfuscatory verbosity.
    • View Profile
Re: Using Alpha AIs as admins should trigger Remnant raids
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2018, 08:25:33 AM »

More of the same, more "expeditions"? I'd rather have something like an AI revolution at my hands, with the Alpha taking over the entire colony and you having to conquer it back. Of course there should be early warning signs, maybe the Alpha sending supply fleets to the Remnant, or wiping out parts of your population in some kind of cleansing, or building highly automated high tech ships on its own accord.
The game was completed 8 years ago and we get a free expansion every year.

Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2018, 09:07:42 AM »

I would not mind if this was a way to resurrect Remnant stations.  If I cannot raid their stations, then I want at least one left to farm Remnant chips and cores from.

I would like it if I can raid Remnant stations for their fighter blueprints, and well as another source of hullmods and weapon blueprints other factions use.

Sutopia

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2018, 09:40:35 AM »

Well you do know luddy cell love to F with you when you use AI cores, but then the cell disruption is too long and set you free.

I'd suggest just make luddy cell able to F you more often: heavier AI core use result in shorter disruption on cells before they can eventually F you infinitely and stopping you from doing anything else.

For instance, Gamma core =1, Beta =3, Alpha =5
When total core use >=4, the cell disrupted time = 360 days*4/(sum of core use score)
Using over 1 core to reduce maint fee will result in quite some inconvenience with the cells frequently active.

Also I think Beta core is OP. They're easy spammable to make easy 50% price cut. Maybe just make them same as admin skill that Beta can only do -1 req +1 prod and only alpha cores are able to cut cost?

Since all my mods have poor reputation, I deem my efforts unworthy thus no more updates will be made.

Igncom1

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2018, 09:46:29 AM »

I would not mind if this was a way to resurrect Remnant stations.  If I cannot raid their stations, then I want at least one left to farm Remnant chips and cores from.

I would like it if I can raid Remnant stations for their fighter blueprints, and well as another source of hullmods and weapon blueprints other factions use.

That's what I want as well. I was very disappointed when I destroyed one such station and didn't even get access to those sweet drone craft blueprints. I understand not getting the ships, but at least I should have access to the blueprints to their guns and drones. Right?
Sunders are the best ship in the game.

Cyan Leader

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2018, 09:52:34 AM »

I have a feeling that station drops are bugged, they are dropping way too little loot.