Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Details about prices in new "Intel" overview?  (Read 5601 times)

Gexern

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Details about prices in new "Intel" overview?
« on: November 22, 2018, 06:15:31 AM »

I remember before the new patch, I could get details about prices in some systems, like this from the wiki: http://starsector.wikia.com/wiki/Trade?file=Intel_commodity_prices.jpg

I cannot find that similar tab for this new patch? I can if I dock at a planet/station get information about the availability for different commodities etc, is this the new way to go about figuring out where something is in high demand etc.?

I LOVE the new patch btw!

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
Re: Details about prices in new "Intel" overview?
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2018, 06:31:43 AM »

Open cargo screen, point at commodity, press F1 (your fleet must be in comm relay range)

Dragon239

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2018, 07:45:29 AM »

Request: Please put this info, and the Commodity-production/consumer info (from a Colony info screen) into the "Intel" menu under an "Economy" tab.
It's silly that you need to have the item on-hand to look up info for it.

Gexern

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2018, 08:28:33 AM »

Open cargo screen, point at commodity, press F1 (your fleet must be in comm relay range)

Woooow, I had no idea! Thank you!

Gothars

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Eschewing obfuscatory verbosity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2018, 08:30:44 AM »

Yeah, I was missing that feature, too. The "solution" seems to be to have 1 of each commodity in your cargo bay at all times, which is indeed pretty preposterous. I imagine the fleet-seer laying his hands on the crate and summoning the holy spirit of commerce to get that info, or something.
The game was completed 8 years ago and we get a free expansion every year.

Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.

Darloth

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2018, 01:24:29 AM »

I too would like an Economy tab in the intel screen please, where I can see the base prices for every commodity, and, if I'm in comm-relay range, get the F1 quick buy/sell info, or click it for the full producers/consumers screen.

Embercloud

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2018, 02:23:24 AM »

I would like the option to see more prices. It becomes a problem when 3/5 of the list shows pirate bases and the other two luddic path.

Making this a tab in the intel screen would alleviate these problems.

Looks like Alex is getting another economy rework on his TODO-list.  ;D
« Last Edit: November 23, 2018, 02:26:57 AM by Embercloud »

arwan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2018, 09:59:50 AM »

the economy tab is really nifty. but i to would like to see it fleshed out a little more. for starters a dedicated tab in the Intel screen. where you can check all the commodities you know about and potential full lists of prices instead of the limited 5 we get in the cargo screen.

this way the cargo screen is like a screen shot of the commodity but if you want to go deep into trading you have an intel screen for that.
Alex
You won't be able to refit fighters and bombers at all. They're designed/balanced around having a particular set of weapons and would be very broken if you could change it. Which ones you pick for your fleet -out of quite a few that are available- is the choice here, not how they're outfitted.

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2018, 10:19:14 AM »

Also be aware that these prices are... guesses at best. If you see a price on this tab that screams profits, you can check it out, but expect it to be a lie.

Dragon239

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2018, 01:26:36 PM »

Also be aware that these prices are... guesses at best. If you see a price on this tab that screams profits, you can check it out, but expect it to be a lie.

I've seen them be more profitable than they implied - I THINK this is because it doesn't take into account the deficit/excess price-changes, but I'm not sure.
I haven't had them lie in a way that harms me, though.

tbkn

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2020, 11:24:46 PM »

I would like to bump this and request the option to see more than the 5 best buy/sell prices. Many times I'd prefer to pay a bit more for something that is nearby, but am unable to search for it.

Rocksummit

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2020, 02:26:07 AM »

I too would like an Economy tab in the intel screen please, where I can see the base prices for every commodity, and, if I'm in comm-relay range, get the F1 quick buy/sell info, or click it for the full producers/consumers screen.

It would be really nice to get the price from colonies if you have that intel along with how old that intel is.

Flashmek

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2020, 04:33:32 AM »

The trick i tend to use is keeping one of everything in my cargo, as long as there is a com relay ( i think ) nearby you can pull the f1 info for demand and prices but its remembering to keep 1 of everything haha.

Also if you have a fulfilment quest there is a tab once accepted to bring up that info ok the info for that mission, shows you where you can get the product for example ( i missed this for ages and messed up a few times blindly trying to find stuff in markets)