Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: AI and Missiles  (Read 11414 times)

Dreyven

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: AI and Missiles
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2012, 10:42:11 AM »

I don't actually know...
since the hull mods got rebalanced i mostly strip the missiles to get more OP for Hull mods or use the cheap and effective swarmers,
the hull mods are just sooo good

But the Bigger ships definitivly use them way more and much more aggresivly (says the guy who just ate 12 sabot's and blew up)

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2012, 11:13:26 AM »

The AI is more judicious about using low-ammo missiles vs frigates. It's very easy to miss and completely waste the shot, so it waits for an opportune moment (relative velocities, facing, flux levels, shield facing/status, missile damage type, hull levels, etc) before firing. Generally, it'll be conservative and only fire off one missile at a time vs frigates.

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2012, 11:14:58 AM »

The AI is more judicious about using low-ammo missiles vs frigates. It's very easy to miss and completely waste the shot, so it waits for an opportune moment (relative velocities, facing, flux levels, shield facing/status, missile damage type, hull levels, etc) before firing. Generally, it'll be conservative and only fire off one missile at a time vs frigates.
Really? I've just met a aurora who fired off all it's missiles at once, even though i was at high flux levels. (venture cruiser)
thanks to that, i owned it :D

icepick37

• Admiral
  • Go.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2012, 11:24:22 AM »

He said vs frigates. Venture is a cruiser.  :)
“I [may] not agree with a word that you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it”
- Voltaire

Dreyven

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2012, 11:29:44 AM »

Really? I've just met a aurora who fired off all it's missiles at once, even though i was at high flux levels. (venture cruiser)
Same was the thing when i met the aurora...
only that the Sunder class destroyer can't take 12 sabots XD

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2012, 11:48:01 AM »

Same was the thing when i met the aurora...
only that the Sunder class destroyer can't take 12 sabots XD

Yeah, they tend to fail there xD, but watch it from the good side, atleast now you have a shuttle/dram/hound :D (oh, and i meant low flux levels on the prievous post)
Pages: 1 2 [3]