Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] SafariJohn's Rules Tool v2.4.0  (Read 45124 times)

SafariJohn

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] SafariJohn's Rules Tool (v2.1.1)
« Reply #45 on: April 15, 2020, 04:22:17 PM »

Everything seems to be working fine on my copy. AFAIK I did not code anything related to backspace, so your problem is either in the backend I am using or on your end. I advise seeing if the issue appears in other programs like Word or Notepad and to try switching to a different keyboard.

Other than that, no idea. Probably not something I can do anything about. Sorry :(

tomatopaste

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 20, 2020, 06:06:50 AM »

Having issues using v2.1.1. Editor works as expected until trying to edit the id (i.e. typing into id field) of a newly created rule, after which the program rapidly loses fps and eventually freezes. I'm using windows 10, latest update (afaik), and installed the program into a normal folder on a secondary drive, with it pointing at the mods folder correctly. Didn't appear to be hemorrhaging RAM usage, but I'm not familiar with the program. I'll have to get into rules editing manually now, I guess :P

SafariJohn

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 20, 2020, 07:09:28 AM »

Typing normally into a field works for me, but if I hold a key down (but not the space bar, strangely) then the program consumes all the CPU time and starts freezing up as described. It did return to normal after a couple seconds, though, so try typing slowly, I guess.

It also looks like the RAM usage is still excessive and there is a known memory not!leak which gradually uses more RAM as you create/load more rules. I had vanilla loaded twice and it was approaching 2 gigs, so browser tab hoarders and people with limited RAM should be wary until I can track down what is using so much memory.

SafariJohn

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] SafariJohn's Rules Tool (v2.2.0)
« Reply #48 on: May 24, 2020, 03:04:16 PM »

v2.2.0 released! Download in the OP.

Focus was on running down bugs and performance issues. If you still have crashes/freezes/slowdowns, or any other problems, please post here or on the Unofficial Starsector Discord (mention me @SafariJohn#5061.

Changelog:
 New Stuff:
 - Changed the new rule and new directory buttons to work by a single click (and they are now keyboad-friendly). The new rule/directory is added to the active directory or the directory of the active rule.
 - SRT's icon now shows up in the task bar, etc. instead of Java's icon.
 - Ruleset root directories now show the expand/collapse icon.

Bug Fixes:
 - Reduced RAM usage.
 - Fixed bug with backing up directories that could invalidate the tree structure.
 - Fixed bug with Ctrl-Z when only the rules tree had been modified.
 - Fixed bug that prevented clearing fields in the Summary tab.
 - Fixed text replacement only working for the script field.
 - Fixed text replace garbling when replacement was longer than original.
 - Fixed tree selection changing from a directory to its parent under certain circumstances when collapsing it with the arrow keys.
 - Fixed bugs when loading CSVs while Safe Mode is enabled.
 - Fixed overwrite dialog appearing on every startup in certain cases.
 - Fixed bug when overwriting a loaded ruleset.
 - Reduced slowdown when rapidly changing the tree selection or expanding/collapsing folders.
 - Fixed freezing when typing into text fields, such as holding down a key.
 - Fixed a silent crash; the spellchecker library was compiled in Java 8 instead of 7.

SafariJohn

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] SafariJohn's Rules Tool (v2.2.0)
« Reply #49 on: March 28, 2021, 02:17:49 PM »

There is currently a typo in the 0.95a vanilla rules.csv. The gaFCArchonAskGalOption2 rule has a backtick in the 8th column (after the notes column), which causes the Rules Tool to fail to load the csv. The solution is simple: open the csv in a spreadsheet editor like Excel and delete the entire 8th column.

SafariJohn

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] SafariJohn's Rules Tool (v2.3.0)
« Reply #50 on: April 28, 2021, 09:34:35 AM »

v2.3.0 released! Download in the OP.

Updated the vanilla rules to 0.95a and added Command support! You are no longer required to remember the inputs to every script!

Also massively reduced RAM usage. For me it now stays around 100 to 150 MB.

Changelog:
 New Stuff:
 - Vanilla rules updated to 0.95a!
 - Added Command support!
   - Let's you define the inputs to your commands so you don't have to try to remember them.
 - Automatically detected triggers and variables are now discarded when you save if they are unused.
 - Increased refresh speed for rules tree and data tabs.

Changes:
 - The shortcut for Close Ruleset is now Ctrl-W.
 - Hopefully clarified the error message when rules.csv file has the wrong number of columns.

Bug Fixes:
 - Massively reduced RAM usage:
   - Patched a memory leak in the spellchecker.
   - Optimized VM options.
 - Fixed freezes when selecting a text field.
 - Replaced error logging when logger failed to initialize (lol) with error popup.
 - Fixed OutOfBounds error when replacing multiple search results with a smaller string.
 - Fixed overwrite prompt appearing every time you saved.
 - Fixed copying rules with drag and drop not updating id overlap highlights.
 - Fixed searching so it detects slightly offset repeating patterns.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #51 on: May 08, 2021, 06:29:27 AM »

Can we get a 'copy rule' function? Would really help when I need to make a bunch of rule rows for similar cases.

SafariJohn

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 08, 2021, 05:27:36 PM »

Hold down control I think while dragging a rule. The drop symbol will change from an empty box to one with a plus sign. You can copy multiple rules at a time.

SafariJohn

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 01, 2022, 04:03:40 PM »

v2.4.0 released! Download in the OP.

Mainly just updating the vanilla rules to 0.95.1a.

Changelog:
Version 2.4.0
 New Stuff:
 - Vanilla rules updated to 0.95.1a!
 - Completely identical rules are now highlighted orange.
   - Other rules with the same ID are still highlighted red.

Bug Fixes:
 - An error message is now displayed when a ruleset's json file is malformed.
 - Fixed drag and drop not working for commands on the conditions panel.

willthefunperson

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] SafariJohn's Rules Tool v2.4.0
« Reply #54 on: April 03, 2023, 06:48:01 PM »

This tool is wonderful! Thank you. Without it, making mods with rules changes would be so much more difficult. I have noticed a few issues, though. It has run slowly and even crashed before when displaying a large number of rules like if I had vanilla open while working with another large rule set. And the Triggered By box and May Trigger is not always correct. It includes incomplete matches, like if the option were abc it would say it could trigger a rule with option abcd. I use Ubuntu with version 2.4
« Last Edit: April 03, 2023, 06:53:53 PM by willthefunperson »

SafariJohn

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 03, 2023, 07:54:23 PM »

Yes, it is a bit buggy. I started on a reimplementation in Kotlin using JavaFX, but I've shelved that in favor of other projects because 2.4.0 works okay for now.

The connections detection code will never be better than an approximation because so much is handled in scripts that the Rules Tool can't determine the results of. Its main purpose is to help avoid simple but common blunders.

Ær

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 13, 2023, 08:42:21 AM »

The tool is really cool, thanks, SafariJohn! It really helps to structurize the textwall of rules.csv and to properly get relations between rules.

Btw, on Win10 it was not sufficient to simply copy "jre" folder from Starsector: the program ran, but refused to do anything, even to close (killing the process is the only option). So, it's best to install Java from official site right away.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]