Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Limited goods selection in major military markets  (Read 1610 times)

Sy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Limited goods selection in major military markets
« on: November 20, 2018, 08:00:54 AM »

are faction military markets intended to have such a pathetically limited selection? :P

this is the largest military market TT has, and it's got 10 stability as well. yet it has no small energy weapons whatsoever. no IR, no IC, no Tac Lasers, no PD beams of any kind. it also has no large weapons whatsoever. and it has no non-beam medium energy weapon either.

and that's just looking at energy weapons, which are almost exclusive to TT markets. i can find Mining Beams and Mining Blasters in various open/black markets somewhat commonly, but that's about it. it looks just as bad for missiles and ballistics too. it also has only a single high-tech fighter, and no blueprints of any kind for sale. i thought at least the more common blueprints are supposed to be available for sale in military markets semi-reliably? i'm fine with the rarer ones pretty much requiring exploration, but i feel it's too limiting to make blueprints virtually entirely limited to exploration (or raids, maybe?).

ship selection looks at least a little better, though not by much. it has the three ships from the basic High Tech blueprint package available: Wolf, Shrike, and Apogee, plus a few Midline ones as well. all with some d-mods though, despite TT focusing on high quality ships, iirc. and no Tempest, no Omen, no Scarab, no Hyperion, no Medusa, no Aurora, no Odyssey, no Astral, no Paragon, no phase ship of any kind.

colonies with custom production of course make up for much of it, eventually. but not at all in the early game. and even with military markets intended to have a worse selection than before, i feel this is still *way* below what it should be, even for a player who does get their own colony eventually rather than only wanting to focus on missions / exploration / bounty hunting.

i haven't checked other factions' military markets, maybe this is an issue that is specific to TT and the Church, due to them not having any military markets above size 5. i imagine it's at least a bit better in markets like Sindria or Kazeron. if that's the case, Church and TT just might need larger markets, since at the moment their largest military markets are the same size as the largest Independent, Pather, and Pirate military markets.. which does feel a bit weird anyway, considering the difference in power between the wealthy, advanced, and influential TT corporation and the not-even-a-real-faction pirates. ^^

i really think at least the weapons that are part of the basic blueprint packages should still be very common in all related military markets. i don't expect Tachyon Lances, and i don't expect any individual weapon being always available, but i do expect some large energy weapon being found reliably. same for stuff like a couple proper PD options, some medium energy assault options, a few common missile types, etc.

and while the ships at least have one frigate, one destroyer, and one cruiser, there still should be at least a couple other options besides these three most common ones. probably not a Hyperion or a Paragon, but some other frigate, some phase ship, and some other cruiser+ sized one.

little sidenote to Alex: sorry if it feels like all my posts are about complaints. ^^ they are, but that's because all the new stuff i already really like doesn't make me feel the need to post about it here. i'm still enjoying my time with 0.9 a lot overall, despite my complaints! :]

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Limited goods selection in major military markets
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2018, 08:14:11 AM »

Made a note to check this out! I mean, it's working "correctly" as far as that goes, but yeah, military markets could probably use a more stable and broad selection.

little sidenote to Alex: sorry if it feels like all my posts are about complaints. ^^ they are, but that's because all the new stuff i already really like doesn't make me feel the need to post about it here. i'm still enjoying my time with 0.9 a lot overall, despite my complaints! :]

Thank you and no worries :)

Sy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Limited goods selection in major military markets
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2018, 08:26:23 AM »

thanks!