Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Steady AI problem.  (Read 844 times)

Snrasha

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Steady AI problem.
« on: November 19, 2018, 10:48:57 PM »

I am not sure if this thing has be posted.
For replicate the bug, just run the game, put somes falcon(P) with long range weapon and see it flying on a big ennemi fleet without fear.

Many of my "Steady" officers look pretty aggressive and my "aggressive" officer look pretty steady, when i play.

Some people of the discord say than they have a attack run of 450 maybe, but with very long range weapon( same for falcon(P), i have put ITU on, with 800+ range weapon and pilum or salamander)), this is weird and pretty boring when your harass army go suicide without reason.

But i have not memory of that on the 0.8.
I am pretty bad on english. So, sorry in advance.

Gladiator Society
Add battle options on Com Relay/ Framework for modders for add their own bounty.

Sanguinary Autonomist Defectors A fan-mod of Shadowyard.

TaLaR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Steady AI problem.
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2018, 11:04:13 PM »

My steady Herons are also oddly suicidal in large fleet battles (does not seem to be as much of a problem in 1v1 environment).
Configuration: Heavy autocannon, 4 Tac lasers, 2 rear facing PD lasers, ITU, no caps, 14 vents. 2 Longbows, 1 Broadsword.
Clearly there is no reason to approach significantly closer than 800 * 1.4 = 1120 range, yet I often observe them pretty much facetanking the enemy horde, ahead of direct combat ships (Eagles and Falcons, also steady).

By the way, Longbows tend to release Sabots too late when carrier is close to target, resulting in not effective 1st stage hit.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2018, 11:06:10 PM by TaLaR »