Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: [0.9a] (Win10) Fullscreen scaling and other issues  (Read 8718 times)

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9a] (Win10) Fullscreen scaling and other issues
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2020, 04:27:57 PM »

Hi - sorry about the trouble! Have you tried the solution in this thread, here?
http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=13925.msg232792#msg232792

And also, disabling fullscreen optimization under the compatibility tab for the application's properties?

Basically what you want to achieve, probably, is running the game at half your native resolution in fullscreen mode, and have it take up the whole screen; that'd be optimal as far as having a proper-sized UI.

IronFist3

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2020, 06:41:33 PM »

Have tried the fixes on this site and nothing is working to get a full screen. I know the game only cost $15 and its still in development but this seams to be an issue. Some type of help to solve problem so I can experience the fun of this game.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2020, 06:55:08 PM »

Hi - I'm sorry about the trouble!

Can you tell me:
1) What the actual problem is, i.e. what you're seeing/what resolution monitor you have, and
2) Which specific things you've tried to resolve it?

Edit: also, if you haven't tried the solution in this thread, it's worth a shot:
http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=13525.msg227901#msg227901

ima420r

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2020, 07:16:57 PM »

I was having the same issue where I would select full screen and when the game started it would change my desktop resolution one my main monitor and open the game in a smaller box on the screen. It acted like full screen, as in my mouse wouldn't leave the game area, but it was not full screen.

I right clicked on the game icon, selected compatibility, then "change high dpi settings". I set the high dpi scaling override from 'application' to 'system (enhanced)' and it works fine now.

Cubano

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2022, 10:29:39 PM »

In case some else runs into this here is how I fixed it on my 4k TV set at 4k on windows display but trying to run the game at 1080p using Nvidia GPU

• Nvidia control panel
    • Manage 3d settings
    • In Global Settings tab, turn on Image Scaling (give it a sharpness setting, 50% worked for me)
    • In Program Settings tab, add the starsector.exe (browse to it if needed) and set its image scaling to use global settings.

I would have liked to only have done it for the specific program but if you don't turn it on in the Global settings, it wont be available for specific programs (will be disabled)

Hope this helps someone.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2022, 10:36:18 PM by Cubano »
Pages: 1 [2]