Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: [0.9] Nebula transport salvage everywhere & Invisible fleets in hyperspace  (Read 3208 times)

Fantastic Chimni

• Commander
  • Chimni
    • View Profile

First bug is that I've been constantly getting nebula transports everywhere when im salvaging anything. Most notably from derelect probe debris fields.

Second I got a video of, I was launched across the nebula by storms and somehow aggro'd 4 different very large pirate fleets without being able to see anything on the map
https://clips.twitch.tv/NeighborlyRacyLyrebirdFailFish

After the combat ended the fleets all seemed to spawn around me then burn away or towards me. I'm not sure if this is a bug, a secret part of 0.9 to punish people, or just a group of pirates all going dark in the middle of hyperspace.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9] Nebula transport salvage everywhere & Invisible fleets in hyperspace
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2018, 12:53:07 PM »

Could you send me a save that makes the Nebula issue easy to reproduce, if you've got one handy? I haven't had much luck tracking it down.

As far as the pirates, yeah, I suspect it's a combination of 1) going really fast 2) running into a raid that was traveling to the core worlds, and 3) the deep hyperspace visibility penalty. But let me make a note to take a look, could potentially be some issues causing them to spawn too close to you.

Fantastic Chimni

• Commander
  • Chimni
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2018, 12:57:56 PM »

Unfortunately I dont have any saves from when I was getting the nebula's before I installed some of the newly updated utility mods. ill see if I can reliably reproduce it on the current save, but it has the newly updated things like lazylib, graphicslib, etc installed now

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2018, 01:01:29 PM »

That'd be really helpful, yeah! It's potentially a pretty big issue.

TaLaR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2018, 11:39:35 PM »

Got same bug, emailed the save (no mods).

DiM

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2018, 09:44:12 AM »

Had the same thing, Nebula's after nearly every combat salvage. Suddenly stopped as soon as the Galatian Stipend ended. Could be coincidence though.

Fantastic Chimni

• Commander
  • Chimni
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2018, 10:10:16 AM »

I'm still getting constantly after the stipend ended, but i've noticed it only happens when salvaging the debris fields after i salvage probes, or fight large amounts of [REDACTED]

Is the game spawning lootable ships from the remnants then not letting it be boardable so it gives us nebulas instead? its weird that it only happens with the remnants for me.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9jgqck1crrzhxvl/SSsaves.7z?dl=0

Included is two saves, one before looting a debris field with 2 nebulas, and one after looting said debris field.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2018, 10:11:59 AM »

Thank you all for the saves; going to take a look just as soon as I get a chance!

DiM

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2018, 11:45:40 PM »

Well, i was wrong, the Nebulas are back. And yes, it seems to be more prevalent after scavenging the remains of a defeated [REDACTED] fleet.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2018, 10:58:46 AM »

Just to confirm, has this happened in any circumstances other than using the Scavenge ability on a debris field?

I've fixed up that one, but not seeing how it would happen elsewhere. (I mean, it's possible to get an actual non-error Nebula, but beyond that...)

RedHellion

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2018, 03:13:49 PM »

Just got another Nebula as salvage from a debris field after completely destroying a pirate bounty fleet. The fleet definitely had no Nebulas in it originally, neither did mine. Unfortunately I do not have a save from before I destroyed the fleet or the debris field was generated, but I can send the save from after the debris field was already generated if that helps.

I'm currently on version 0.9a-RC9, still receiving the Galatia stipend, and not on commission with anyone - if any of that helps.

Spoiler
[close]

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2018, 03:19:08 PM »

Thank you - the debris field issue should be fixed, so we're good on that. If you happen to see the issue when *not* Scavenging a debris field, though, that would be very useful to know.

Tellaris

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2018, 08:56:47 PM »

I've personally noticed that Nebulas seem to be far too common drifting around in space, to the point that almost every generated salvage field with derelicts floating around it has one. Sometimes 2.
There also seems to be a large amount of them being generated as a result of battles, but that might just be trade fleets getting wiped out. (just drifting through space)