Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Disrupted by my own disruptions?  (Read 747 times)

Lily

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Disrupted by my own disruptions?
« on: November 19, 2018, 04:01:30 PM »

I bombarded a planet super hard (Luddic Path owned) to destroy the entire population so I could take it, and it's still disrupted after they were destroyed?  Why would my own people disrupt my colony?  This makes no sense.
Spoiler
[close]

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Disrupted by my own disruptions?
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2018, 04:13:37 PM »

Hmm, this is working as it's supposed to. Industry disruption persists through an industry being shut down/destroyed and re-built, and it doesn't matter who, in this case, launched the bombs. No such thing as friendly fire and all that.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2018, 04:24:36 PM by Alex »

Lily

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2018, 04:35:54 PM »

But it's an orbital bombardment that I initiated when the Luddic Path owned it, not me.  If I am the person commencing the orbital bombardment, it would make logical sense for me to STOP bombarding it once I have taken control/everything (literally) is gone.  If everyone on the planet is dead, and all the structures are gone, why would there still be a bombardment going on (especially by the one who is attempting to take over with said bombardments)?  It makes no logical sense.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2018, 04:45:38 PM »

Presumably, the original spaceport was built at a location that made sense relative to the points of interest on the planet. The craters, radiation, and other such aren't going to disappear just because you stopped bombarding. Especially after a saturation bombardment which covers a wide area. The disruption represents the effects of bombardment, not that it's ongoing.

But that's all an in-fiction explanation and isn't terribly important. Gameplay-wise, it seems like it'd be more or less ok either way, but I like the idea of not being able to just bombard the hell out of something and re-colonize it like nothing happened. Have to at least wait for the glass to stop being liquid after you glass the planet, you know?

TaLaR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2018, 08:18:22 PM »

Haven't used disruptions/been disrupted myself, but is there a planetary condition or something else to reflect disruptions? To know when it is safe to colonize after glassing, etc.