Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: 0.91 Wishlist  (Read 6331 times)

DiM

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: 0.91 Wishlist
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2018, 01:41:35 AM »

Since imports cost nothing, are resources even that important? As long as you don't get your imports blocked of course. Processing industries bring enough profits on their own.

So you do need to have in-faction resources for total war against the sector, but otherwise it seems ignorable. You are guaranteed to keep trade with your commission faction (as long as it isn't Hegemony with their anti-AI fixation), independents and free ports.

Yeah, imports costing nothing seems...off somehow. Do they have some hidden cost or something ? They can't actually be free can they? If they are, they probably shouldn't be.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2018, 03:03:52 AM by DiM »

Igncom1

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2018, 01:59:19 AM »

At the very least they should cost the fuel and crew payments for the ships moving the cargo.

Although with the crew requirements for our fleets, maybe I am glad that we don't have to pay them!
Sunders are the best ship in the game.

Algro

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2018, 03:45:23 AM »

Import fees? If you look at the demands screen, there is a tab for consumers. In there you can see how much you need, it's so small it's ignorable like 4% at 4k (correct me if I'm wrong with the stats here).

If I was to suggest anything, it would be to give appropriate rewards towards taking down hard targets at the sectors edge. Killing battleship level enemies out there is expensive, very expensive. So it needs to provide some kind of boon.
This is very true, I've been taking out Battlestations and raiding other factions, but the rewards never match the effort put into it. The Big REDACTED thing also gave me nothing worth my time even with maxed out salvage with three salvage rigs.

The new endgame is searching for blueprints. So hopefully we get more of them from destroying battle stations and raids.

The2nd

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2018, 04:20:04 AM »

- Ability to auto-resolve battles vs automated defenses that guard various probes, mining and research stations, etc. By the mid-game, my fleet is powerful enough to take out the lesser
 guardians with ease and by the late game, whenever there's guardians i just skip the probe/whatever because i'm sick of fighting the same battle over and over again, especially when i know i'll easily win.

Yes! Please make it so that your 2nd in command can handle automated defenses past a certain fleet size. I'm skipping domain probes with defenses for quite some time now as well.

Also I would really like the ability to mark systems in the intel screen. A own tab with marked systems and the ability to make notes there would be very welcome for exploration.                                                 

Schwartz

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2018, 08:58:57 PM »

The last dozen or so automated drone defenses I just sort of sent a few small carriers in, left the tactical overview open and watched the icons blow up. It's a nice change of pace if you're taken to sip coffee while you play. ;)

I know that's bad(tm) from a game design point of view but I rather like doing this.

Dragon239

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2018, 09:14:49 AM »

I'd appreciate it if in the Custom Production Screen it would show how many of that thing currently exists on the production gathering point

Preferably as just another column here, or something.

arwan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2018, 11:27:24 AM »

so far the one thing i would like to see very badly is fewer barren planets.

like for real i have mapped out at least 30% of my maps planets. so far well over 50% of those are barren. and i have only ever seen one jungle. and none of the even more rare planets like artificial.

all i want for Christmas is a non barren planet thats good for growing crops.

unfortunately so far i have spent no less than 3 hours just jumping from star to star looking at "barren, volcanic, gas giant, cryo volcanic, toxic, irradiated. frozen, ice. planets.

i eventually got tired of going from one nebula to the next surveying them and then getting ambushed by the huge fleet i could not see until it was 2 inches from my face. that i just started reloading and going in different directions till i ran out of gas. and in every direction, in every nebula i have been in those are the only planets i have seen. except for the 1. yes (1) small crappy jungle world i saw. when i first saw that pop up.. i felt like i got a present from Santa.. then i surveyed it... and it was all negative effects. and i cried a little on the inside.

so all i want for Christmas is a few less barren rocks that kill anything that touch them. and just a few. more Terran, jungle, water, worlds. heck even desert for good measure.
Alex
You won't be able to refit fighters and bombers at all. They're designed/balanced around having a particular set of weapons and would be very broken if you could change it. Which ones you pick for your fleet -out of quite a few that are available- is the choice here, not how they're outfitted.

Dexy

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2018, 01:03:54 PM »

An option to start the game with the bare minimum. Just one bad ship (a Kite maybe), no cargo except some supplies and fuel, no money (and no free money each month).

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2018, 01:11:45 PM »

An option to start the game with the bare minimum. Just one bad ship (a Kite maybe), no cargo except some supplies and fuel, no money (and no free money each month).
Did you try the spacer start?  You may need to poke in a settings file to enable it first.

Dexy

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2018, 01:13:07 PM »

Did you try the spacer start?  You may need to poke in a settings file to enable it first.

I had no idea it existed. Thanks.

Recklessimpulse

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2018, 01:28:47 PM »

Colonies have only so many build slots but I don't want to build everything on every planet but I like not having empty build slots so let me have frivilous build a university that does nothing (or maybe makes drugs on a free port planet.), a district solely dedicated to statues of my character, the entertainment land of space, a massive planet wide parks and rec network, a space scouting corp to look for pirate bases snd send expeditions against them if no bounties is on them. you know cheap stuff with limited to no use and flavor.

Chaos Blade

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2018, 04:50:56 PM »

My experience with the colony has been great so far, but it comes with some problems.

The current save of mine has 5 colonies, the capital at 7 stability pumps 320k per month. The moon has 300k at stability 6 and a gas giant in the same system with -50k. To get this I have spent millions on production and incentives with maxed out relative skills. It was a blast throughout the entire process and I loved the ability to have a giant stockpile of resources for your own personal use (Tariff-free). There are problems though, but once fixed, it will make the process even more enjoyable.

Here are the problems I've had:

1) I have three colonies in the same system, all being bigger then 5 so they attract A LOT of expeditions. The result is a litter of massive battles (Imagine 4 big blobs of one faction, 3 of another and 5 of your own with your spaceport, it was overkill). With my fleet of several capital ships, I tried one and the largest battle took 40 minutes and many engagements to complete, I spent almost all of my CR and concluded by LEAVING the battle without the salvage. Why? The enemy fleet of logistic ships was so large they had their own separate fight. They would retreat every time, spending CR on both sides, I had to leave or risk spending all my CR.

2) The process of the beginning of a colony and making a full-fledged sector market leader has too few steps in the process, it is as simple as placing the right things based on the colonized planet (note tiles like farming/mining are a one-step process) and volla, you just wait for it to grow.

3) I would love to customize my stations, but as of current, I haven't found the option to do so yet. This is a problem b/c the High-tech variant is still using mining lasers as their main armament based on what I had in the early days.

Here are some solutions that may help with the above problems:

-Have each of the tiles include more steps and have more unique tiles. The current version automatically improves production as the colony enlargens, but this makes it lackluster form a players perspective. If players were to have control over the farms and mining like upgrading from a spaceport to a megaport, it shows more clear signs of progression. What's even better, include unique upgrades to these tiles if certain conditions are met, like specialized mining facilities.

-As an extension of the step above, make planet size, and population size the major determinators of how much and how specialized the tiles the colony can build (Or planet size a contributing stat for how fast the colony grows). This would in effect create more meaningful choices because colonies are limited to what they can specialize with. The current build lets size 3 colonies on tiny moons to have the capability to match that of a habitable planet with size 7 structure wise, so with the appropriate money, the player only needs to spam all structures in one go and leave for two months to finish all upgrades.

-Stability 10 planets should not have so much expeditions coming every month, its a battlefield with salvageable ships floating everywhere, like really, everywhere, not to mention the debris ring the game has artificially made.

-QoL improvements:
    -Indicators for upgradeable tiles
    -Allow installation of cores and special items on any planet when the item is within a colonies storage

It's getting long so I'll be making a new topic for this specifically

I agree with the colony issues, as it stands it is too easy to grow too fast and become a zit for another faction.
Maybe tie the output of facilities to the population? with some requiring some sort of minimum pop size?
Free ports should allow some fast growth but they don't seem to have sufficient side effects that I can see, the accessibility uptick lets us print money... perhaps the stability effects should be more pronounced the bigger the colony gets?
Maybe increase the demands for luxuries and the like once populations hit a certain number? (4-5?) as, outside drugs, there doesn't seem to be much need for light industry (perhaps some health related product?)

I think expeditions should be rarer, or at least less frequent than they are now, they should be meaningful, I think rather than "OH, look the Diktat fleet is here, it must be Tuesday, then" that ends up becoming

A suggestion here, maybe add in an education stats for colonies, that can tie in to production of the more precious resources (fuel, hulls?)  and perhaps the more manpower intensive (farming? mining?), so the more educated colonies can produce more or more efficiently, freeport would cap the max education (since it is an educational average, and the freeport would make education less of a priority, and with drugs legal....) while one extra variable is annoying, fast growth (specially thru freeport) should bring in more fortune seekers and low education colonists, so it could serve as some sort of counterweight for dropping tons of credits into encouragements (basically: grow too fast, education goes down and that should have cascading effects that would make the colony less profitable, ton for ton, than before)

That said, great game thus far, hope we can get some balance soonish

Dexy

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2018, 01:42:38 PM »

Tried Spacer start, did not like the increasing debt each month. Still would like a "start with almost nothing" scenario. Loans need to be disabled though or it's trivial.

Vind

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2018, 03:10:33 PM »

It would be cool if decivilized subpop modifier disappeared then planet reaches max population level at 10. As if all survivors integrated into new society.Also your money allocated for colony growth cant be recalled once planet at level 10 - spend wisely.

Hydra7-1

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2018, 07:56:18 PM »

I personally want something to do with my money that's amassing besides keeping it to replace fleet losses. maybe I could spend large sums for a hegemony task force to assist me in wiping out a ludic fleet, or a Tri-tachyon research team to give me schematics to get more salvage from [redacted] fleets. something like that.
Pages: 1 [2] 3