Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: politics!  (Read 2166 times)

db48x

• Ensign
    • View Profile
politics!
« on: November 18, 2018, 02:15:33 AM »

Sindria wanted to send out a fleet to kneecap my refining operation, and now the Persean league are upset about my heavy industry. No wonder this sector has so many problems.

I hope Sindria doesn't hear about the synchrotron I found...

Jonlissla

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: politics!
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2018, 11:17:55 AM »

Politics is fun and all but it might need to be toned down a bit. I have one semi-super colony that is apparently outperforming every other market in the game, so every faction is sending fleets against me despite having good relations.

Igncom1

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2018, 11:42:10 AM »

Realpolitik vs respecting actual relations.

Ultimately the starting powers are all corrupt and are slowly disintegrating. Our new up-comer threatens them so they lash out.

I suppose in the end the only peaceful resolution is the same, peace through power.
Sunders are the best ship in the game.

The2nd

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2018, 03:33:09 PM »

I have one semi-super colony that is apparently outperforming every other market in the game, so every faction is sending fleets against me despite having good relations.

I am in a similar position. I think the issue is how fast it is to develop your colony into a major player in the sector. I had fleets come trying to disrupt my industry before my first pirate raid/base.

I was also surprised how cheap it is. I have invested maybe a million credits into my colony and getting around 400k per month now. Granted I got lucky that the pathers blew up Sindrias fuel production  ;D 

db48x

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2018, 05:55:23 AM »

Yes, it is surprisingly inexpensive. Fast too; 30 days to set up an antimatter factory on a brand-new uncolonized world. That's nice :) Of course, it I don't think it pays for itself unless you find a synchrotron, but that quadruple production is very nice.

I too have noticed that Sindria is having problems. Several times I've noticed that they're not in the list of fuel producers at all; I think someone keeps raiding them.

mitthrawnuruodo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2018, 09:15:27 AM »

This constant decline in relations would make sense if there were diplomatic options to improve it, such as treaties or trade agreements and the like.

Without them, currently it is just an annoying one way road.