Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Galatian Academy Stipend  (Read 4152 times)

Sashenka

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Galatian Academy Stipend
« on: November 17, 2018, 07:14:02 PM »

Hey guys,

Like everyone I have been enjoying the 0.9 release but there is something tickling me, the 15k free monthly stipend money. I understand how it can kickstart a new game but I rather enjoy the slow early game. I was wondering if there was a way to opt out of it, as an option or via mod?

Thanks.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 07:19:37 PM by Sashenka »

Algro

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Galatian Academy Stipend
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2018, 07:18:23 PM »

Well, it's not that much compared to a Commission of 50k per month so its ok I guess. You could also hoard it to build your colony (which I did and it didn't go very well).

Otherwise, I don't think there's an option to cancel a payment yet.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2018, 10:21:23 AM by Algro »

BHunterSEAL

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2018, 10:39:57 AM »

I went through the Settings file, and a few others related to the economy, looking for just this, but couldn’t find it anywhere. I’m sure it won’t be long before a modder figures out where those parameters are hiding.

That said, I find even the “normal” starts a little easy relative to Starfarer (ie, the original campaign where fleets were generally smaller). There is a “Spacer” start that can be enabled in settings.json (relatively close to the top) but I haven’t experimented with it yet, apparently you start with nothing but a shuttle and a mountain of debt... given the cargo hold size, smuggling drugs may be the only way to make a living.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2018, 10:43:08 AM »

Hey guys,

Like everyone I have been enjoying the 0.9 release but there is something tickling me, the 15k free monthly stipend money. I understand how it can kickstart a new game but I rather enjoy the slow early game. I was wondering if there was a way to opt out of it, as an option or via mod?

Thanks.

Hi, and welcome to the forum!

A couple of people have asked about this; let me see if I can find some time to add a settings.json config value to turn this off.

Sashenka

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2018, 05:46:54 PM »

Well, by playing a little more I realized it didn't really make that much of a difference, it's just that I don't like the idea of free money. Colony building requires a lot of credit.

Thanks everyone.