Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Let's do a 'thanks David' thread too  (Read 1969 times)

Cosmitz

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Let's do a 'thanks David' thread too
« on: November 16, 2018, 06:12:36 PM »

I was playing around and it wasn't until i hit on the Bombardment Preparation illustration that i realised just how many of these are around now. I'm relatively certain there weren't these many, and cool too, illustrations before... including the planet modifiers/industry/terrain, which for all intents and purposes are full scenes scaled down in tiny rectangles. Really brings out a lot of the context and humanity of our little spaceship arcade/sim game. And then we have a lot of the reworked material, portraits included, and a fair bit of icons that came with the new features to boot too.

And so much new text given the new interactions too. Just a great job all around. :)

PS: Sooo, anywhere we can get like the industry icons or the illustrations in higher quality? I'd love to use them as covers for my Youtube vids or phone background. :)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2018, 06:47:08 PM by Cosmitz »

Kyuss11

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Let's do a 'thanks David' thread too
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2018, 07:04:56 PM »

Hell Yeah!
I want to be a part of this THANK YOU DAVID thread for sure. I'm having so much fun with the new game play mechanics that re now enabled. For example I love the take a shuttle to the bar and talk to people of which you never know who or how many different ones,don't want to spoil anything. Trading  is a thing now and it works well. I made 8k off a simple supply run just by tabibng into the local chat from being alerted on the side bar event marker.
Everything feels more complete with purpose now. I can feel and experience the difference between being a trader,bounty hunter,even smuggling has been reworked with the info markers letting you know what merchant ships are leaving from and to where. I also appreciate the monthly salary were given to help with any rough starts or mistakes we might make.

Dri

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2018, 09:15:58 PM »

While Alex is the nervous system and vital organs of Starsector, David's work spares us from that hideous, skinless abomination.

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2018, 10:01:44 PM »

The new artwork is wonderful! The Flags!! Woo!!

Also the new sound details for levels are just charming, thanks Stian!

Darloth

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2018, 10:31:56 PM »

While Alex is the nervous system and vital organs of Starsector, David's work spares us from that hideous, skinless abomination.

If there were a facility to like a specific post on this forum, this would be my new favourite. :)