Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: the starsector unofficial discord  (Read 3912 times)

Randy

• Ensign
    • View Profile
the starsector unofficial discord
« on: October 07, 2018, 11:50:56 PM »

I have just come from the starsector unofficial discord and after spending some time there i have to say its one of the most hostile communities i have ever been part of with even a moderator yelling and swearing at someone trying to report something they thought was a bug. But it was not all bad with a few nice and helpful people who tried helping anyway they could. After being told the channel is hostile towards me and that i should just leave i decided to come here and warn any new players to avoid the starsector unofficial discord channel where questions and misunderstandings are met with such hostility it would be out of place on 4chan with even the server owner having to step in and calm the situation saying "Christ guys stop yelling.  Just admit you don't know *** and calm down, you're being just as unreasonably hostile as anyone else." so in parting if you are serious about starsector or new i would avoid that wrenched hive of scum and villainy that would put 4chan to shame.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
Re: the starsector unofficial discord
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2018, 11:55:19 PM »

So what was the issue then?

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2018, 12:21:57 AM »

For one, this does not belong in the bugs section. General yes most likely.
Two: From what I've read, you have a bad habit of drip feeding, or flat out not giving, critical info that makes bug hunting nearly impossible. This isn't Twitter: You can type up responses larger than 140 characters. And we ask for you mod list, system specs and the error or log because it helps us find and hopefully squash the bugs. And please give specifics! The more specific you are, the easier it is for us to help you.

As for your "bug" it seems like you got in a fight with the heg, maybe even a retreat fight, went somewhere else, had an encounter with another heg fleet while your transponder was off, they demanded for you to turn it on, you did and they noticed that you recently "attacked" one of their fleets.
A tip: The outer boarder will pulse this orangish red if you've done something to anger a faction with your transponder off and turning it on would reveal who you are.
Maybe the game does need a warning in dialogue if you are talking to someone and turning on your transponder would reveal your evil deeds
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

Snrasha

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2018, 03:33:55 AM »

I have not be here on the Discord discussion, but when i look the history, you are on fault,
For report a bug, screenshoot or better informations is important.
If people know the problem, they can help you. But from my view, you never give informations, just bit of text. (After, this is sure, than if you do that for 1 hour, they will become very aggressive)
« Last Edit: October 08, 2018, 04:09:32 AM by Snrasha »
I am pretty bad on english. So, sorry in advance.

Gladiator Society
Add battle options on Com Relay/ Framework for modders for add their own bounty.

Sanguinary Autonomist Defectors A fan-mod of Shadowyard.

mendonca

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2018, 05:24:49 AM »

Hi Randy,

Please drop me a PM if there is anything I could do to help you with this however to be clear:

- We don't condone any kind of hostility on this Forum - see our forum rules and guidelines.

If you are being subject to behaviour that falls outside our rules ON THIS FORUM then please, PM me or another moderator and we'll do our best to sort it out.

- Discord issues have to be kept to the Discord - as noted the Discord server is an unofficial server, probably a completely different user list, and the admin team here can't directly intervene with any perceived misdemeanours over there.

I'm sorry if you've had a bad experience, I'm locking this thread now as I'm not sure further discussion on this subject, without a wider context, can be helpful for either party.

Thanks,

mendonca

"I'm doing it, I'm making them purple! No one can stop me!"