Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 50

Author Topic: [0.96-RC8] Legacy of Arkgneisis 1.9.12 [5/12/23]  (Read 587093 times)

Daidez

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Legacy of Arkgneisis 1.5.0 [10/24/19]
« Reply #210 on: October 24, 2019, 12:05:31 PM »

The new sprites look great!  They always seemed like they were missing something before, but they look more complete now.

Piemanlives

• Commander
  • I've Got This, I think...
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: October 24, 2019, 03:53:53 PM »

Gotta hand it to you Gwyv, the new sprites are beautiful.
This is called me throwing my missile swarm at you, and by swarm I mean massacre, and by missiles... I actually just mean missiles, there's actually not much to it really.

Gwyvern

• Captain
  • I build ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: October 24, 2019, 04:06:29 PM »

I just updated without reading the changelog and I broke my save. Can I get a link to the previous version please?

If you updated properly, the old version should still be in your recycle bin.

GoodOlFritos

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: October 24, 2019, 06:56:16 PM »

Gettin' the old 'Ship Hull Spec failed to load' issue, specifically "Ship Hull Spec LOA_Champion1 not found!", not exactly sure if it's a me-issue or somehow related to the download. Any idea how to fix??

Gwyvern

• Captain
  • I build ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: October 24, 2019, 07:30:27 PM »

Gettin' the old 'Ship Hull Spec failed to load' issue, specifically "Ship Hull Spec LOA_Champion1 not found!", not exactly sure if it's a me-issue or somehow related to the download. Any idea how to fix??

Did you erase the old mod before installing the new one?

GoodOlFritos

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: October 24, 2019, 09:31:38 PM »

I did, though there's a good chance I screwed up something along the way. Going to attempt a fresh install of star sector this time around, see if that'll fix it.

Gwyvern

• Captain
  • I build ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: October 24, 2019, 09:51:28 PM »

I did, though there's a good chance I screwed up something along the way. Going to attempt a fresh install of star sector this time around, see if that'll fix it.

Lemme know how it goes, that ship ID no longer exists so I'm fairly certain you screwed something up on installation, but if you didn't I'd like to know why something is still looking for the old ID
« Last Edit: October 24, 2019, 10:08:34 PM by Gwyvern »

GoodOlFritos

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: October 24, 2019, 11:41:55 PM »

Eyup! My bad, I definitely screwed something up in the installation somehow! Everything is working now that I've done a fresh install of Star sector and my mods, sorry for buggin' ya and wastin' your time! Regardless, thanks for the help!

AlicianeAlton

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: October 25, 2019, 02:12:49 AM »

Hi! Got the same bug at loading screen,
Spoiler
Gettin' the old 'Ship Hull Spec failed to load' issue, specifically "Ship Hull Spec LOA_Champion1 not found!"
[close]
I deleted the files before installing the new ones, so I putted back the old one and it works fine... I don't know what I could have screwed by right clicking on the old mod folder then delete, putting the archive winrar in the mods folder and right click and extract here. Been doing this for all the mods I have, its also the champion that is missing ...
I 've been tuning this installation and the settings for quite some time, I would like to keep it like that at least until the end of this playthrough and it keeps working fine by the older files so ...
Please can u look into this ? Maybe its related to other mods we are using ? could it be because i found the champion and now that i have all the blueprint it keeped giving me it doesn't recognize it  ?
Thanks in advance, and sorry for bad news !

Ps: And sorry for my bad english

TrashMan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: October 25, 2019, 04:42:48 AM »

Hmm.... I'm kinda on the fence. Loved the old Victoria.

Gwyvern

• Captain
  • I build ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: October 25, 2019, 08:32:54 AM »

Hi! Got the same bug at loading screen,
Spoiler
Gettin' the old 'Ship Hull Spec failed to load' issue, specifically "Ship Hull Spec LOA_Champion1 not found!"
[close]
I deleted the files before installing the new ones, so I putted back the old one and it works fine... I don't know what I could have screwed by right clicking on the old mod folder then delete, putting the archive winrar in the mods folder and right click and extract here. Been doing this for all the mods I have, its also the champion that is missing ...
I 've been tuning this installation and the settings for quite some time, I would like to keep it like that at least until the end of this playthrough and it keeps working fine by the older files so ...
Please can u look into this ? Maybe its related to other mods we are using ? could it be because i found the champion and now that i have all the blueprint it keeped giving me it doesn't recognize it  ?
Thanks in advance, and sorry for bad news !

Ps: And sorry for my bad english

It would help if you gave me the starsector.log file located at Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core so I could narrow down what is attempting to call the old ship ID

Hmm.... I'm kinda on the fence. Loved the old Victoria.

The new one is better.

Timeroc

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: October 25, 2019, 02:26:03 PM »

Opp's didn't notice I had StarSector open twice so old one didn't fully delete ...

Gwyvern

• Captain
  • I build ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: October 25, 2019, 06:42:18 PM »

So I finally had a chance to help someone who was having the loa_champion1_d issue in real time and its as I suspected. Yall aren't fully deleting the mod before installing the update, and as a result, an old skin file doesn't exist which points to a ship ID that no longer exists is lingering around in your file structure.

Always

always

ALWAYS

FULLY DELETE a mod before you update it, the file merging rules will cause issues like this if you don't.

Stuffwriter

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: October 25, 2019, 08:19:23 PM »

I've been thoroughly enjoying the update. The new sprites are fantastic!

- The faction-specific hull mods are great. They give the faction just what it needed.

- I really, really like the destroyers and frigates. They are excellent, versatile, reliable, and useful even late game. The victoria may be favorite ship.

- The cruisers are a bit of a mixed bag. The king seems awful, especially since its ship system only boosts energy damage. It lacks the flux capacity to really make use of its system. The lyons is a solid, versatile ship. The Maknamara is excellent.

- The battlecruiser is great. The web with 5 charges is much more fun to use.

I've been running a fleet of mostly destroyers/frigates and then a battlecruiser and the Champion class cruiser. It's been flattening fleets 3x its power value (with the starship legends mod).
« Last Edit: October 25, 2019, 10:38:00 PM by Stuffwriter »

Gwyvern

• Captain
  • I build ships.
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Legacy of Arkgneisis 1.5.1 [10/28/19]
« Reply #224 on: October 27, 2019, 09:39:31 PM »

Its time for v1.5.1

Dropping a small hotfix for a series of minor issues.

- Changed the tags for the Monogram and Heavy Monogram railguns, they should now appear in fleets more reliably.

- Fixed the Fox's description still referring to it as the "Gregory"

- Reduced the cost of Reinforced Mount Suspension to 3/5/7/10

- Reworked the stats for the Heavy Monogram Railgun (Now called the Monogram Shredder) To be more like a huge thumper instead of an enormous but otherwise clone-copy of the Monogram Railgun

- Fixed the Osmond blueprint not displaying an image.

This one -should- be safe for your saves, but I wont promise it.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2019, 09:41:30 PM by Gwyvern »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 50