Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 50

Author Topic: [0.96-RC8] Legacy of Arkgneisis 1.9.12 [5/12/23]  (Read 581965 times)

Agalyon

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9a] Legacy of Arkgneisis 1.2.4 [12/14/18]
« Reply #75 on: December 20, 2018, 11:50:28 PM »

Any chance we can get the older versions posted somewhere? I'm still on 0.8.1 for the time being.

Gwyvern

• Captain
  • I build ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 21, 2018, 02:51:41 AM »

https://www.dropbox.com/s/edjo6n0t2lr5w0r/Legacy%20of%20Arkgneisis%20OLD%200.81%20final.zip?dl=0

Here is a version that will work with 0.8.1, if it doesn't download, try again later as it might still be uploading.

TrashMan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 22, 2018, 01:13:20 PM »

I think I might be going crazy.

I was looking a your plasma drivers (love the effect) and I was 100% sure I saw that the iom_plasmadriveralternator was called somewhere in the .weapon file.

But now that I look into it again I find nothing. I can't find that script (which is specific for each weapon) referenced ANYWHERE
Am I going insane?

Requal

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 22, 2018, 02:38:54 PM »

I get an error message when trying to load this mod during game start up.
The game will crash before it goes to the main menu with the following error:

Fatal: Ship hull spec [loa_champion_d] not found!
Check starsector.log for more info.

I disabled all mods and it worked.
Then loaded up this mod with its required mods and I still get the same error.

I also have a crash issues with 2 other mods:
Sylphon RND & Mayasuran

It all worked fine before I updated all mods today.
I enabled 1 mod at a time and started step by step to find out 3 mods including this one give fatal error CTD.

XpanD

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 22, 2018, 02:43:40 PM »

Make sure you remove old mod folders before adding new ones -- mixing files between versions can cause issues like yours. If you haven't tried yet, wipe the folders of the mods you updated and extract fresh files.

Requal

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 22, 2018, 02:49:45 PM »

Make sure you remove old mod folders before adding new ones -- mixing files between versions can cause issues like yours. If you haven't tried yet, wipe the folders of the mods you updated and extract fresh files.

That solved the issues thanks a lot and thanks for the information.

Gwyvern

• Captain
  • I build ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 23, 2018, 07:28:12 PM »

I think I might be going crazy.

I was looking a your plasma drivers (love the effect) and I was 100% sure I saw that the iom_plasmadriveralternator was called somewhere in the .weapon file.

But now that I look into it again I find nothing. I can't find that script (which is specific for each weapon) referenced ANYWHERE
Am I going insane?

loa_plasmadriveralternator is now loa_plasmadriverflash, as the new muzzle flashes for those weapons, and the alternation mechanic both had to be scripted as everyframes, and since you can only run one everyframe script per weapon, I had the two scripts merged so I could get both functionalities.

That solved the issues thanks a lot and thanks for the information.

loa_champion is now loa_champion1, so if you had any loose files or an old save still referencing the old ID it will throw an error and crash your game, as XpanD said, always delete old mods before updating them.

Gwyvern

• Captain
  • I build ships.
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9a] Legacy of Arkgneisis 1.2.5 [01/05/19]
« Reply #82 on: January 05, 2019, 06:11:11 AM »

LEGACY OF ARKGNEISIS 1.2.5 IS OUT

- Changes are limited to a pre-emptive compatibility fix for when Nex eventually releases, and the system for the Alastair class battlecruiser, Alastair's Web, has been completely overhauled, and now uses the Doom's mine system as a framework, let me know how the new system works out, I've only done the most essential balance and functionality tests, as I am very tired and am nearing the point of passing out.

Gwyvern

• Captain
  • I build ships.
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9a] Legacy of Arkgneisis 1.2.6 [01/15/19]
« Reply #83 on: January 15, 2019, 03:35:01 AM »

LEGACY OF ARKGNEISIS v 1.2.6 has dropped, and it can't get up!

Mostly a pile of balance tweaks i've been thinking of on the off chance anyone wanted to use this faction in the upcoming PVE tournament. Also includes a total rework of the Ion Pike weapons.

Plasma Driver Weapons:
-Light Driver has had its damage and flux costs slightly reduced.
-Standard and Heavy have had their flux costs slightly increased.

Ion Pike and Heavy Ion Pike:
- Completely overhauled into burst projectile weapons firing streams of EMP charged bolts.
- Higher burst-disable capacity than normal ion weapons (ion-pulser notwithstanding)
- Notably lower sustained-disable capacity than normal ion weapons.
- Roughly comparable hard damage.
- Same Arc behavior.
- Far more reliable than the old slow-beam implementation.
- Hard range is lower than the old versions, but effective range is around the same or higher.
- Names changed to EM Spear and EM Pike respectivelly.

PPT overhaul:
- So many of my ships were overtuned in terms of PPT, so nearly every one has been altered.
- Numbers much more in line with vanilla in general.
- Ships with good kiting potential trend low.
- Ships without, trend average or high.

Champion:
-PPT adjusted up slightly as part of the overhaul, putting it in-line with other low-ppt cruisers, instead of near-destroyer level.
-CR per deployment lowered from 20 to 15, it can now be deployed more frequently without risk of malfunction.

Alastair:
-PPT Dropped by 100 as part of the overhaul.
-Flux dissipation raised by 100.

Campaign:
-The script handling the Society's warmongering has been updated with new features and fixes.
-It now properly shows intel in the intel window for the end of a raid.
-It can no longer target the same faction twice in a row.
-Raids now have a chance of being sponsored by the target's enemies. If it was, the Society will now *gain* relations with the sponsor at the end of a war.
-Factions which are friendly with the Society are now less likely to be targeted by raids, though the only factions completely exempt will be any faction which manages to get to Cooperative, or with nex installed, any faction they are in an alliance with.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2019, 05:10:38 PM by Gwyvern »

Spess Mahren

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 15, 2019, 11:28:46 AM »

Should the latest update break saves? I didn't think balance tweaks would frag a save but my latest game won't start now, could you put 1.2.5 somewhere for me if you have it?

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 15, 2019, 01:18:54 PM »

And this is why I save all of my downloaded mods, tagged with their version names.  I'm still on LoA 1.2.5 myself, so if they don't have the old version around, I can get you that.  (Though there -will- be some delay, perhaps as much as 24 hours; I expect to be quite busy with other things for a while and away from my computer.)

To be fair, I'd also looked at that and though "Oh, neat!  That sounds like it's probably non-save-breaking."  But then I also thought, "But I don't see an urgent reason for me to test that, and the general assumption should be that an update breaks saves unless it's explicitly called out as not breaking saves.  Maybe I'll look into updating later."
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

Gwyvern

• Captain
  • I build ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 15, 2019, 03:02:18 PM »

Oh hell I forgot to mention this version has an updated Society Relationship and War script with new features...that's probably doing it.

Unfortunately I didn't think to keep a copy of the old version, so you'll have to get it from Wyvern...the uh, the one without the G
« Last Edit: January 15, 2019, 03:06:57 PM by Gwyvern »

A Random Jolteon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 15, 2019, 08:44:44 PM »

get it from Wyvern...the uh, the one without the G
This made me laugh  :D Maybe you should add a funny addition to your name? Maybe "Gwyvern the Raider"?...Okay I suck with quickly coming up with names.
Hi. I exist. Bye.

Gwyvern

• Captain
  • I build ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 15, 2019, 09:37:17 PM »

get it from Wyvern...the uh, the one without the G
This made me laugh  :D Maybe you should add a funny addition to your name? Maybe "Gwyvern the Raider"?...Okay I suck with quickly coming up with names.

I've been using this name since middleschool, its mine! hands off! >:T
« Last Edit: January 15, 2019, 09:41:41 PM by Gwyvern »

Bishi

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 50