Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 50

Author Topic: [0.96-RC8] Legacy of Arkgneisis 1.9.12 [5/12/23]  (Read 582038 times)

Gwyvern

• Captain
  • I build ships.
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8.1a] Legacy of Arkgneisis 1.0
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2018, 02:06:40 PM »

sent via discord, ty!

I cannot seem to replicate your issue on my end, first, make sure you are using the latest version of DaRa, and then re-download LoA for good measure, check if you are still having the issue, and *then* if you are, you will have to provide more detailed information about the conditions before the crash.

Dissassemble/Reassemble?

Checked, both version are the latest version. What further information should i provide?

What was happening right before the crash, are you sure it is the system, are you sure your download wasn't corrupted, what were you targeting specifically, was the ship under player or AI control? any strange weapons involved in the fight?

I cannot get the crash to occur on my end so...I need to know if I am missing something.

grinningsphinx

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8.1a] Legacy of Arkgneisis 1.0
« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2018, 12:18:55 AM »

sent via discord, ty!

I cannot seem to replicate your issue on my end, first, make sure you are using the latest version of DaRa, and then re-download LoA for good measure, check if you are still having the issue, and *then* if you are, you will have to provide more detailed information about the conditions before the crash.

Dissassemble/Reassemble?

Checked, both version are the latest version. What further information should i provide?

What was happening right before the crash, are you sure it is the system, are you sure your download wasn't corrupted, what were you targeting specifically, was the ship under player or AI control? any strange weapons involved in the fight?

I cannot get the crash to occur on my end so...I need to know if I am missing something.

Running the Alastair through simulator battles.  I tried vs several ships but firing the interdictor system against the vendetta always caused the crash. Downloads not corrupted, i re-downloaded it and replaced it.  I was letting the AI control both ships. I cant remember what the "balanced" version of the Vendetta has as far as weapons go, but they all looked fairly traditional to me. The alastair had lots of pellet guns etc...but it didnt seem to matter what i equipped it with; crash always occurred when the first use of the system fired off.

Gwyvern

• Captain
  • I build ships.
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9a] Legacy of Arkgneisis 1.1
« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2018, 07:04:57 PM »

Legacy of Arkgneisis 1.1 is here!

I apologize for the delay, but Starsector's latest major update dropped at a pretty bad time for me, between work and some loose content threads that I had been working on, getting the update to a presentable state took much longer than the actual compatibility fix. And even then, I had to cut back a few things I had planned for this update.

As well as the initial compatibility fix for StarSector 0.9a there have been a few balance changes, some effects tweaks and a new ship!

The Hawke Class Drone carrier, a light cruiser built to deploy large numbers of cheap, expendable drones.

A full changelog can be found here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qy34j8svz07d61q/LOA%201.1%20changelog.txt?dl=0

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2018, 03:58:05 AM »

Uh, there are 2 bullpup autocannon; one's small, the other medium ballistic weapon. Maybe change the smaller one to just bullpup cannon? It's bulldog and bullpup. You should consider changing the name of one of them anyway.
By the way, I really dig the ship looks and style. Were you inspired by Ironclads?

Jonlissla

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2018, 09:37:46 AM »

Great mod! I think I found a crash though. There's a bounty that has been generated by your faction and clicking on it in the Intel screen causes a crash, and encountering the fleet ingame causes one as well.

1343810 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.plugins.impl.CoreAutofitPlugin.fitFighters(CoreAutofitPlugin.java:907)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.plugins.impl.CoreAutofitPlugin.doFit(CoreAutofitPlugin.java:353)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.fleets.DefaultFleetInflater.inflate(DefaultFleetInflater.java:395)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.CampaignFleet.inflateIfNeeded(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.StandardTooltipV2.createFleetTooltip(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.C.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

EDIT: Actually, encountering some of the mod fleets seems to cause this crash, not just the bounty.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 09:50:18 AM by Jonlissla »

Gwyvern

• Captain
  • I build ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2018, 01:33:26 PM »

Spoiler
Uh, there are 2 bullpup autocannon; one's small, the other medium ballistic weapon. Maybe change the smaller one to just bullpup cannon? It's bulldog and bullpup. You should consider changing the name of one of them anyway.
By the way, I really dig the ship looks and style. Were you inspired by Ironclads?
[close]

No, I have never used the Ironclads mod.

Spoiler
Great mod! I think I found a crash though. There's a bounty that has been generated by your faction and clicking on it in the Intel screen causes a crash, and encountering the fleet ingame causes one as well.

1343810 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.plugins.impl.CoreAutofitPlugin.fitFighters(CoreAutofitPlugin.java:907)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.plugins.impl.CoreAutofitPlugin.doFit(CoreAutofitPlugin.java:353)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.fleets.DefaultFleetInflater.inflate(DefaultFleetInflater.java:395)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.CampaignFleet.inflateIfNeeded(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.StandardTooltipV2.createFleetTooltip(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.C.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

EDIT: Actually, encountering some of the mod fleets seems to cause this crash, not just the bounty.
[close]

Do you know if the bounty was posted *BY* my faction? or was a bounty to *KILL* my faction? Because most likely a ship in that fleet is doing something wrong, and null-pointer error logs are basically useless for determining the failure point outside of noting when they occur and what was going on at that moment. So far I have been unable to recreate the crash on my end.

Jonlissla

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2018, 03:52:26 PM »

Do you know if the bounty was posted *BY* my faction? or was a bounty to *KILL* my faction? Because most likely a ship in that fleet is doing something wrong, and null-pointer error logs are basically useless for determining the failure point outside of noting when they occur and what was going on at that moment. So far I have been unable to recreate the crash on my end.

It was posted by the mod faction, yes. I'm going to experiment a bit more and see if it's a mod collision or some other fault.

Gwyvern

• Captain
  • I build ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2018, 05:06:08 PM »

It was posted by the mod faction, yes. I'm going to experiment a bit more and see if it's a mod collision or some other fault.

The most common cause I know of for what you are describing is if the subsystem of a given ship contains errors in its script, as the game loads all of that data on any screen where one might be able to access a ship's stat card. This would include viewing a bounty in an intel screen, which includes readouts for some of its ships, as well as when you encounter a fleet, and are shown its entire roster.

Likely, one of the ships in that bounty fleet has a bugged subsystem, double-check all of your mods and make sure they are up-to-date.

Gwyvern

• Captain
  • I build ships.
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9a] Legacy of Arkgneisis 1.11
« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2018, 04:52:01 PM »

Legacy of Arkgneisis v1.1.1

- Fixed a bug with the Bassdrum CIWS that both caused it to not be equipped by the AI, and caused the fighter version of the Bongo CIWS to erroneously show up in markets.

- The Monodrone has had it's missile removed, and the range of its main gun reduced to 500.

- The spawn weights for all Generic and Pirate variants has been lowered.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2018, 04:56:20 PM by Gwyvern »

Kittah Khan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9a] Legacy of Arkgneisis 1.1.1
« Reply #39 on: November 28, 2018, 05:05:38 PM »

Some remarks:

Monodrones have been over-nerfed, removing the rod or reducing monogram range would have done the trick, currently, talons are much more effective at every role.

Some weapons/lpcs are widely available, is that intended?

Light plasma drivers are probably too good at PD, slower turn rate and increased range may alleviate that and make it more general purpose.

Plasma buster is too good at burst, AI wolves with two sabots and multiple busters shred frigates and destroyers, perhaps reducing damage per shot but increasing charges will reduce the alpha strike potential, but maintain its role as a limited use burst weapon?

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
  • I am going to destroy your ships
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 28, 2018, 06:58:21 PM »

Talons cost 2 OPs.
Monodrones cost 0 OPs.

Talons cost literally infinity more. Try comparing to Mining Pods instead as they are also free.

Gourdman

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 28, 2018, 07:06:21 PM »

Monodrones en mass were ridiculous with their medium damage rockets.  They could rip holes in armor and then tear them apart with their long range frag weapons.  As far as their comparison to Talons, they were outright better, with higher range vulcans, better armor pen, and more numbers.

The nerf was well deserved as it stands.  The wing was capable of delivering boatloads of damage from outside of destroyer and frigate range, and even outranging most cruisers when they went behind.

Being outside of PD range, able to fire good armor pen missiles, and being superior in number to Talons all while costing less?

The nerf was needed if it were to retain it's 0 OP designation.

Kittah Khan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 29, 2018, 02:12:15 AM »

I don't dispute that they were overpowered.

A listed OP comparison is invalid, the hangar slot counts for a lot more, it's a bit more like comparing 8 OP to 10 OP. Think on how many weapons a wing of talons can bring to bear without endangering the host ship.

My point was that removing the missiles OR reducing range would have brought monodrones in line.
Mining drones are sturdier and decent at PD, plus, they are currently auperior at anti-ship roles due to greater effective damage output while shields and armor are up.
Talons are excellent all-rounders and great interceptors, but cost crew and 2 OP more.

Depending on the niche you want them to fill:
If primary range were returned to 1000, monodrones would provide constant pressure.
If the missiles were returned, they would provide armor breaking and finishing power.

In either case, this would still make talons far superior at most roles and mining drones would still be better at PD.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 02:18:10 AM by Kittah Khan »

Gwyvern

• Captain
  • I build ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 29, 2018, 04:07:43 AM »

Maybe putting their range closer to what it used to be might be warranted, since these things aren't exactly a "hard" weapon so balancing them is a bit tough. Though the monodrone's range was *never* 1000.

And yes, Talons will always beat them out, they actually cost something to mount (thankfully)
« Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 04:12:52 AM by Gwyvern »

Kittah Khan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 29, 2018, 04:58:00 AM »

Nice, having them hover outside of instant flyswatting range should allow monodrones to be useful at harassment.

Did you read the other points in my original post? They may have gotten overshadowed by my Monodrone remark.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 50