Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Hullmod request  (Read 3321 times)

Ali

• Commander
    • View Profile
Hullmod request
« on: October 01, 2018, 02:51:53 PM »

Would any kind soul out there be able to do an ova-powered hullmod that removes fighter bay's and for each 1 removed adds flux storage?

There's some great cap-ships out there but i'm not the fighter type and jus would love more flux to keep those cool weapons out there firing longer!!  ;D

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
Re: Hullmod request
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2018, 10:13:06 PM »

Disassemble Reassemble (my mod - click the speedy ship icon below) has a "Repurposed Fighter Bays" hullmod, which does something similar. It doesn't increase flux capacity though: it increases cargo capacity and decreases minimum crew requirement. It's useful for the same ideal you have, adding some better logistical support to non-carrier ships with fighter bays. Also it's free to install, so you don't have to fork out any of those delicious Ordnance Points for it. ;)

Beyond that, wouldn't be too hard to put together a similar hullmod that improved flux stats instead of cargo space. But I think that would be a little strange. Can still be done if you can make some excuses for that. Otherwise, if you aren't a fan of fighters, just leave the slots empty or put zero-cost fighters in there, and put more points into Flux stats - just cos a ship has fighter bays doesn't mean you have to spend OP on them!

Shad

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2018, 08:33:29 AM »

Beyond that, wouldn't be too hard to put together a similar hullmod that improved flux stats instead of cargo space. But I think that would be a little strange. Can still be done if you can make some excuses for that.
You fill the entire fighter bay with capacitors and the fighter bay exit is repurposed as giant vent.

Retry

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2018, 09:31:25 AM »

That was kind of my thought too, repurposing the fighter bays with auxilliary power generators to provide additional flux capacity & dissipation.  If it gave a good chunk of flux per bay, say 100-150 dissipation & 2-3k flux capacity, and no/little OP cost, I'd consider it for ships like the Odyssey.  Since deploying fighters will slow you down next patch even with Helmsmanship 3, it's possible that Odyssey-style ships (token fighter complements) might actually handicap themselves under AI hands, even zero-flux ones.  That and you can fit some of the higher-flux stuff easier.

Ali

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2018, 09:42:53 AM »

Ah many thanks Axle but yea think i'm just after a standalone hullmod like you whipped up for me in the past!!  :D

Not sure if i'll be able to pull of such an undertaking myself, will have see...

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2018, 09:48:26 PM »

Ah many thanks Axle but yea think i'm just after a standalone hullmod like you whipped up for me in the past!!  :D

Not sure if i'll be able to pull of such an undertaking myself, will have see...

Remind me, what hullmod did I make for you previously? I can't actually remember.  :-X

Also yeah, I guess it can be made to work. If you want such a hullmod I can throw together some kind of mini-mod for ya.

EDIT: Ah yes, you were the recipient of the No Expense Spared mod. :P Took me a while to recall that.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2018, 10:28:28 PM by AxleMC131 »

Ali

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2018, 11:24:39 AM »

Ah for sure, anythin you can put together would b v.much appreicated!! ;D

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2018, 01:59:39 PM »

Hopefully this will work for ya. 8)

https://bitbucket.org/AxleMC131/starsector_modding/downloads/AxLab_FluxCarrier_v1.0.0.zip

Spoiler

[close]

It's roughly the equivalent of putting 3 Ordnance Points each into Vents and Capacitors, for every fighter bay removed.

Ali

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2018, 08:46:17 AM »

Thanks so much for this Axle!!!  ;D

Can't wait to give it a go!!  ;D