Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Borderless Window?  (Read 9339 times)

polkjm

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Borderless Window?
« on: September 29, 2018, 02:42:06 PM »

This might be a stupid question, but is there a way to play in windowed mode with more resolutions or in windowed fullscreen? Currently the only option I can find is going fullscreen. And if I go windowed, these are the only resolution options I have access to. My monitor is smaller than 768 vertically so I simply cannot play in windowed mode. I would like to play in borderless window because I need to alt tab a lot.

These are available resolutions. Thanks in advance for any help.

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
Re: Borderless Window?
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2018, 03:27:57 PM »

You can override the resolution with "resolutionOverride" on line 16 of the config file.  Just remember to uncomment the line.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2018, 03:30:12 PM by The Soldier »
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2018, 06:55:06 PM »

If you set the windowed resolution to your native level, it SHOULD go boarderless. However, SS is suggested to be played with a min. of a 768 tall screen
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2018, 09:00:19 PM »

My monitor is smaller than 768 vertically so I simply cannot play in windowed mode. I would like to play in borderless window because I need to alt tab a lot.

Ahh, resolutions smaller than 768 vertically are not supported by the game. I'm surprised that you're getting these resolutions you've screenshotted in the dropdown, though - that suggests to me that your monitor *is* 1366x768.

And, yeah, if you run at max resolution with fullscreen unchecked, you should automatically get borderless windowed mode.