Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: The Tyranny of Cargo: Stable Orbit Solutions  (Read 4920 times)

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile
Re: The Tyranny of Cargo: Stable Orbit Solutions
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2018, 04:38:23 PM »

That would be a really nice qol improvement, to have you faction go and collect your salvage (after you stabilize it) so you don't need to lug around massive freighters. Maybe with small losses/a chance to lose the salvage so that you are incentivized to take the most valuable cargo immediately.

or a chance that each salvage mission you give your faction will spawn a distress beacon with a salvager fleet of yours on the way back from the salvage job in need of saving
(bc it'd be framed as being AFTER they got the salvage it can be assumed that 1) if you ignore it it can be assumed that some of the fleet got away and 2) that they did so with enough cargo in the hold that the losses from your inaction aren't a net-loss, merely zeroing out your potential income. So doing this and then not being able to make it if the fleet gets in trouble isn't a risk of increasing your costs in the future but of spending some resources up front to "buy" the salvaging mission and then risking not getting anything for it later if you can't make it to rescue the fleet, which'd better allow a player to make a decision, once the fleet gets in trouble, as to whether or not the boost in income they invested in when they requested the pickup is actually worth it now now that rescuing them has become a factor
and, to discourage lazy gamers, I'd even make every time you ignore a distress beacon from a salvage fleet you requisitioned increase the future chance of a salvage fleet getting intercepted)
Quote from: Deshara
I cant be blamed for what I said 5 minutes ago. I was a different person back then

basildazz

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2018, 02:14:26 AM »

How's about this, on the Perks level up screen, so far there is no bonus to fulfilling every item on a line. so relating that to this post, when you fill entirely the industry perks you could receive the bonus, 'salvage subcontactor', this allows you to sell salvage instantly to your sub contractor and you take the cash when you return to civilisation (as bounties get paid), this allows the cargo to just disappear or even some little shuttles can transverse jump in.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2018, 10:59:00 AM »

to discourage lazy gamers, I'd even make every time you ignore a distress beacon from a salvage fleet you requisitioned increase the future chance of a salvage fleet getting intercepted)
Answering distress calls needs to be worth it in the first place.  Most of the time, they are either a death trap or a ripoff.
Pages: 1 [2]