Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Consumed mouse events in EveryFrameCombatPlugins are still used by the game  (Read 979 times)

LazyWizard

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub Profile

I've been working on a command for the console mod that lets you spawn things on the battle map with a click and drag interface. The main problem I've encountered is that consuming mouse events seems to do nothing - the player ship will continue firing while the mouse button is held down.

This isn't a major problem as I can get around the issue by forcing the engine to remain paused while the plugin is active, but I figured I'd mention it on the off chance it was a simple fix of moving input processing order around or something. :)

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Consumed mouse events in EveryFrameCombatPlugins are still used by the game
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2018, 03:14:48 PM »

You mean not on the battle map, but right in battle, right? Since when you're in the *map* it's not going to fire.

But, yeah, this isn't something that's easy to work around - click-and-hold controls, such as movement and firing, don't use input events at all but rather check the state of the input device.

LazyWizard

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
Re: Consumed mouse events in EveryFrameCombatPlugins are still used by the game
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2018, 03:19:22 PM »

In battle, yes. And I figured as much, I was just hoping otherwise. Thanks for the quick reply! :)