Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Is there a best place to sell metal anyone know?  (Read 4034 times)

Ali

• Commander
    • View Profile
Is there a best place to sell metal anyone know?
« on: September 23, 2018, 09:48:53 AM »

Apols if this has been resolved in the past..

Quick google scan revealed nout...

Embercloud

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Is there a best place to sell metal anyone know?
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2018, 09:57:12 AM »

Chicomoztoc, in aztlan.

They always have good deals on supplies, too.

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2018, 10:00:18 AM »

The higher the stability of the market, the more cash you get. However, prices per piece of metal rapidly drop off in cost and many times Metal just isn't worth taking
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

Ali

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2018, 10:05:35 AM »

Many thanks!!

Yea most playthroughs i'll end up with 10-20 stacks of metal as have been unaware of any place tht'll buy it in quantity before the price per unit flatlines :(

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2018, 01:44:16 PM »

Metal is so cheap that I do not bother looking for the best deal.  I just sell metal looted at the nearest market.  If I have the space, it is a matter of "Why Not?"  Obviously, metal is among the first to go when I run out of space and need to dump something to loot something better.

CopperCoyote

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2018, 04:07:40 PM »

Metal is so cheap that I do not bother looking for the best deal.  I just sell metal looted at the nearest market.  If I have the space, it is a matter of "Why Not?"  Obviously, metal is among the first to go when I run out of space and need to dump something to loot something better.

Me too.
I have noticed though that places that make metal take longer to drop off to zero. I suspect because there is a high demand for metal from that location. So if you have oodles of metal you want to off load all at once doing it at a market that makes metal will be non-zero the longest.
Itches are scratched. Back-rubs are savored.

Sharp

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2018, 10:01:27 AM »

Chicozomatoc can have such an incredibly high metal shortage that you can sell thousands of metal without the price degrading much. It's definitely worth offloading metal there and picking up supplies/hand weapons.