Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: The general checklist or objectives of a 8.1 playthrough.  (Read 2710 times)

aZmoDen

• Ensign
    • View Profile
The general checklist or objectives of a 8.1 playthrough.
« on: September 04, 2018, 05:51:38 AM »

So i have jumped back into the game again and I realised id forgotten how addictive this game can be.
However after a week or so running around, building my fleet, I decided to start taking over planets and stations. The problem with this is I havent finished taking over the third system, when my first system has basically returned to its former inhabitants.
Anyway this left me thinking i was missing something.... onward to the point of this post....

Here is my objective list:
start -> build fleet -> do bounties...... <missing some things> ... try to take over things and build an empire

so to all the veterans of this game, what do you guys do? what are your mini objectives in the game as it is so far?

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: The general checklist or objectives of a 8.1 playthrough.
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2018, 06:27:21 AM »

You cannot take over planets and the like normally.  Thus, you are probably including the mod Nexerelin, which adds that feature.

What I did in Nexerelin (earlier version) was take the high-level start, take over a pirate outpost or two, then pick off the Luddic Path (because most of their ships have Safety Override or underpowered like Colossus 2), then maybe do some high-reward conquest missions to get some cash.

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2018, 09:02:57 AM »

Here is my objective list:
start -> build fleet -> do bounties...... <missing some things> ... try to take over things and build an empire

scavenge the outer rim, do commissions?
Quote from: Deshara
I cant be blamed for what I said 5 minutes ago. I was a different person back then

aZmoDen

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2018, 04:47:49 PM »

You cannot take over planets and the like normally.  Thus, you are probably including the mod Nexerelin, which adds that feature.

What I did in Nexerelin (earlier version) was take the high-level start, take over a pirate outpost or two, then pick off the Luddic Path (because most of their ships have Safety Override or underpowered like Colossus 2), then maybe do some high-reward conquest missions to get some cash.

Indeed i am, sorry it never occurred to me to include that. I will give that a go, thanks for the information!

I did a commission from Heg are there any you'd recommend that you've enjoyed more-so than others?

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2018, 05:50:33 PM »

Indeed i am, sorry it never occurred to me to include that. I will give that a go, thanks for the information!

I did a commission from Heg are there any you'd recommend that you've enjoyed more-so than others?
I usually do something similar to what Megas said. I usually go for askonia after hitting umbra though because of the fuel center, central location and high stability market
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2018, 05:16:57 AM »

Sindria is almost like a final boss, given the marines needed.  If I can conquer it early, and while they are in disarray due to invasion from another faction, it is easier.

Shrugger

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2018, 06:34:15 AM »

With Nexerelin, I usually just pick a mod faction and fight their wars for them. It usually ends when I get tired of having to lug several capital ships around to withstand the constant full-fleet retaliations against me. Early-game with only cruiser and a handful of other ships is best.

Schwartz

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2018, 01:21:22 PM »

For a hard playthrough, it'll usually be something like this:

Be pirate.
Chew on independent fleets.
Try really hard not to use >storage command.
*** off TriTach, Blackrock, Shadowyards or other faction and salvage for a good fleet piece by piece.
Do pirate hit lists.
Once money/fleet is a go, bash head into the brick wall that is Templars.
Grab a Doom, Asura, Scylla, Morpheus or Paladin.
Build a killer fleet of a handful of cruisers or smaller. Fight against the odds.
Bash head against more Templars & everyone else.
Bloodied grin.