Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Ships repaired for free?  (Read 1764 times)

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
Ships repaired for free?
« on: September 01, 2018, 03:13:26 PM »

I've encountered a bit of a weird thing - I was using the trick of suspending repairs at max CR, but not max hull (armor happened to be max) in order to save supplies (the next easy fight would cost CR but not hull, so you double up on supply efficiency).

However, I noticed that after the battle, the ship was already repaired. I do not have the skill that does so for free, either for myself or in any officer. I'll try to reproduce.

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
Re: Ships repaired for free at combat start
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2018, 03:35:02 PM »

Pictures here: https://imgur.com/a/8ieQoQX

Oh weird: The hull is actually being repaired at the start of combat, but not according to all screens. Take a look at this screenshot of the Sunder: The bar in the info shows the hull damage, but the bar on the ship HUD shows no damage. After combat, the ship was completely healed (I believe it took no shots in the fight). When the ships were not at max CR/Armor, the hull was the correct value. I don't have separate data for CR and armor, as when the CR is full the armor is full. I have a save of right before this happened.

I do have some mods enabled (Console Commands, Combat Chatter, GraphicsLib, LazyLib, VersionChecker) but I don't think those ones should do this? Also I think I've seen it before without.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Ships repaired for free?
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2018, 10:00:16 PM »

Hmm. Is this something that's happening repeatedly? That is, can you reproduce it, or is it specific to that moment in the save?

(I'll take a closer look tomorrow either way; thank for you the report!)

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
Re: Ships repaired for free?
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2018, 01:25:08 PM »

I feel like I've seen it before, but am not certain. I'll try to reproduce in a new game with absolutely no mods.

[Edit]
I've confirmed (in the same game, so the same mods) this requires that the ship's armor be at 100%. If the armor is still damaged, but CR is at max, the ship's hull is not healed.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2018, 02:25:10 PM by Thaago »