Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Player-piloted fighter "wreckage" freezes on death & weapon arcs remain visible  (Read 1111 times)

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile

It's probably safe to say that this isn't a big concern, but MesoTroniK suggested I point it out anyway, so here we go.

Spoiler

Portions of this image have been [REDACTED] for your own sanity.

[close]

As you can see in the screenshot, I was manually piloting a fighter (courtesy of DevMode) and got killed in a dogfight. On death, the fighter sprite vanishes, as they do, but the arcs of the selected weapon group remain, apparently emerging from nothing. Not only that, whatever it is I'm now in control of - the nonexistent wreckage I suppose - immediately stops moving, even though the speed readout on the HUD says I'm still moving at 243 speed.

Merely a foolish assumption that this is in fact a bug of some description, and not intended behaviour - I'm aware it's not at all normal for a player to be piloting a fighter (cough cough Diable Avionics cough), but just in case something's actually wrong with this situation, here it is.

Currently active mods:
- Combat Chatter
- LazyLib
- Practise Targets
... and a [REDACTED] experiment this particular fighter is a part of. (Pretty sure the little guy ain't the cause, but he has a custom ship system so ya never know!)

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

Thanks for the report! Hmm, yeah, this is definitely of the "not a bug because you're not supposed to be able to do that" variety. Although I suppose it might be possible to encounter this if a ship you're piloting gets *really* blown up. But that'd also be pretty unlikely.

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile

Fair cop, and I totally agree this isn't something the player should ever see. Thanks for taking a peek nonetheless.  ;)