Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: Salvaging Mechanics Update  (Read 35665 times)

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
Re: Salvaging Mechanics Update
« Reply #90 on: September 20, 2018, 09:23:20 PM »

(... it's also fairly minor to begin with; I think much of it has to do with running into a higher-level bounty (of which there's usually one posted, and it brings in more credits) and feeling like it has to do with scaling when it doesn't ...)
That is hard to swallow when all of the bounties have the same elevated difficulty and reward (which is useless when they are too strong).  The only logical explanation is level scaling upgraded every bounty.
But then you get stuck with boring ass weak bounties that barely pay
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 20, 2018, 10:44:23 PM »

I hope that some of the bounties still scale very quickly even if others are weaker - a wider variety should be viable as now all bounties will pay even if the faction is hostile. It sucks when all of the bounties that will pay are very easy and the optimal strategy is to shelve half the fleet.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 21, 2018, 05:12:45 AM »

I have no problem with varying bounties.  It is a problem when all of the bounties have a elevated threat level because I level up faster than I can upgrade my fleet.  When I have one or two destroyers and twice as many frigates, and all bounties have two or three cruisers and more destroyers and frigates than my entire fleet, and better quality than my ships on top of that, that is a problem.

It sucks when all of the bounties that will pay are very easy and the optimal strategy is to shelve half the fleet.
It hurts more when I need to shelve my whole fleet except a Dram and my starter Wolf (for contact missions) because all of the bounties are too powerful.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 06:37:34 AM by Megas »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]