Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Mod Ships/Weapons tagged  (Read 1479 times)

Takion Kasukedo

• Admiral
  • No longer drinking (Alcohol that is)
    • View Profile
Mod Ships/Weapons tagged
« on: July 31, 2018, 06:02:01 PM »

So, I've been playing a lot of Starsector of late and noticed the mod ships/weapons/fighters aren't tagged as to what mod they come from.

It would be really handy to see a tag, even if small, to show what mod each item comes from.

This would mean i'd be able to see a mod's items without scrambling and searching through folders trying to figure out what mod something came from. This could also work in a different way, like hiding hidden codex ships so you can't see what mod said ship comes from.

Example; Say I wanted to hide a ship because it's a extremely special ship and you're only able to come across it once/twice.

But the tag would reveal what mod it came from.

This means there should also be an option to "hide" what mod it comes from, so only those truly dedicated to finding what mod it comes from would have to search for other ways to find the mod for said ship.

Sure you can keep track of what it is by monitoring your downloads, but...knowing what mod adds weapons and other gizmos would come in handy, even handier if you can hide what mod it came from, so you'd have to dedicate more time in finding it.
Is now able to cook a decent Creamy Salmon Pasta, amok other things.

Still loves purple. Still not skilled enough to make a mod that doesn't get that one damn error.

TheWetFish

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Mod Ships/Weapons tagged
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2018, 05:07:49 AM »

As a side note you can kind of (carefully) do this manually right now by editing a mod's csv files to append some kind of tag to the friendly name.  Alternatively a tag or note could be added to the description, by editing that mod's descriptions.csv file.  This occurred a lot during tournaments, where distinguishing which faction provided which assets was important 

This is still an interesting suggestion and I don't want to detract from that, merely noting something you could potentially do right now

Inventor Raccoon

• Captain
  • Digging through trash for a hydroflux catalyst
    • View Profile
Re: Mod Ships/Weapons tagged
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2018, 12:56:24 PM »

0.9 is apparently going to allow you to add a bit of text noting the manufacturer of a given ship (don't remember if it's also for weapons). Would help with modded factions but maybe not for ship packs.