Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Reinforcements often not appearing in large battle  (Read 1224 times)

Delta7

• Commander
  • forum idiot
    • View Profile
    • my personal DA account
Reinforcements often not appearing in large battle
« on: July 25, 2018, 01:04:27 PM »

One strange bug I've been having lately only occurs when I've maxed out the battle size limit and taken part in a huge battle. The accumulated memory of the different events in the large battle appears to somehow mess with where my reinforcements spawn. Sometimes my additional units that I call in several minutes into a huge battles appear to spawn several thousand meters off screen, often taking a minute or more to even enter the map boundaries. On one occasion, my reinforcement ships spawned so far back that it took over 10 minutes for them to reach the battlefield.

I do play a modded game, however, none of my installed mods should be affecting this. Lately, my increase in reliance on large swarms of frigates has caused another version of the same error, where my ships appear to simply not spawn at all. The arrows that would normally indicate incoming reinforcement ships simply don't appear when I call in new ships, suggesting to me that I have reached some form of memory limit and that the ships simply aren't spawning.

I have drastically increased the base memory allowance via the vmparams file, but this does not appear to have solved the issue. My best guess is that it's a software limitation of some form, perhaps hard coded? (My computer is quite a hefty rig and I doubt it to be the source of this problem.)

Current ram allocations: -Xms8192m -Xmx8192m -Xss8192k (That's less than half of what my system has, so I'm not overburdening my machine or anything.)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 01:18:29 PM by Delta7 »
warning: may be prone to random outbursts of stupidity

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Reinforcements often not appearing in large battle
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2018, 01:16:57 PM »

Thanks for the report!

This is indeed as far as I can tell mod-related, but there's a bug in vanilla causing it and it should be fixed for the next release.

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
Re: Reinforcements often not appearing in large battle
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2018, 06:01:59 PM »

Also, don't mod the Xss value as it can cause problems
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too