Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 34

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Sylphon RnD 1.0  (Read 335284 times)

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Sylphon RnD 0.9.5f
« Reply #360 on: September 23, 2019, 10:40:49 AM »

So I used the sylph core on two fo my best ships, but now I cant see the ships. did I lost them?
If you read the tooltip, it tells you: the sylph core installation takes time, and once it is done, you can retrieve your ships from the market where you began the process.  So, yes, they're not in your fleet right now, but you will be able to pick them up again soon.
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

Vherkin

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: October 04, 2019, 09:35:23 PM »

I love using an Alpha Core on my ships simply for Roleplay purpose.
I don't mind the lack of powerful bonus or the chance for it to rebel.

But, i find the need to re-buy it full price again a little excessive. You already bought it once and gave an Alpha-Core after-all

It might be a limitation of the game? It might be impossible to change market transaction price ?
After-all i found it odd that it gave me 200 000 credits in exchange for my ship + alpha core.

For now, i'l simply buy it back using console command.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2019, 09:39:24 PM by Vherkin »

connortron7

• Captain
  • "God has cursed me for my hubris" - brian gilbert
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: October 18, 2019, 01:47:19 PM »

Just made the unfortunate discovery of srd ships retaking control of themselves as i was in the middle of launching an invasion fleet at their capital while half of my ships are ai srds... thats awesome.

lethargie

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: October 18, 2019, 03:28:13 PM »

I just wanted to say, ive been playing the last release and blance has really improved. I find it quite a lot more polished than last time i commented.

Reens

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: October 18, 2019, 04:43:46 PM »

Noticed the eccentric core ships blueprints still drop from raiding Sylphon.

Looks like ship_data.csv had "no_drop_bp" on them instead of "no_bp_drop".

Phoenixheart

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: November 07, 2019, 04:25:08 PM »

I have to say, I really love this mod and love how well it is balanced with the vanilla content.

If you're looking for ideas to expand the ship roster, there's one that I think would be super awesome:
A modification (or sister ship) to the Outcast
Spoiler
Metafalica that has normal ballistic hardpoints instead of the built-in Phiria(?) cannons. The Phiria are super sweet, but I LOVE the way the Outcast Large Ballistic railgun (can't remember the name) and I wish I could equip them to the Metafalica, if only just to look cool.

I will say, the more-flux-more-armor mechanic is really creative, and makes a flux overload less of a suicide-mistake, plus the glowing red plates on the sprite look wicked cool.
[close]

I do have some questions about some of the mod's content:
Spoiler
I've been using the mod for a few months now (RL time, multiple playthroughs in game) and on my last playthrough I raided the SRD homeworlds for blueprints. I picked up several Eccentric Core ship blueprints, and I assume these are the ones that were intended to be made "not available through raiding" in the patch notes. My question is, I've NEVER seen these in game, how would they be acquired through normal means? Or are they intended to only be available to AI fleets?

I also am not sure how to get the Sylphon Navy flagship versions, the ones with the cool (extra) purple paint and higher supplies cost, are those supposed to be something the player can acquire, or are they only intended for the AI fleets?
[close]

Last thing, are there any plans to add unique/boss variants to go along with the IBB Bounties from the Ship/Weapons pack mod? No worries if not, just curious.

Thanks, and keep up the good work!

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: November 08, 2019, 07:49:02 AM »

Mod is on hiatus for the foreseeable future.

If I ever get back to it, the outcast will be removed entirely since they are just tacked-on, really. Eccentric ships will be turned into HVBs for Vayra's Sector, probably. That's about it, though.
My mods: Tahlan Shipworks - ScalarTech Solutions - Trailer Moments
It's all in the presentation

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Sylphon RnD 0.9.5g
« Reply #367 on: November 18, 2019, 03:19:03 PM »

Here's a small update and fix, mostly to curb some tournament abuse a bit

Phoenixheart

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: November 27, 2019, 04:43:54 PM »

Am I doing something wrong, or does the Equilibrium constantly use it's shield electro-pop effect to destroy its own missiles and fighters (and other ships' fighters) even when nothing is shooting at it? For this reason I've avoided equipping mine with any missiles lately...

Takion Kasukedo

• Admiral
  • No longer drinking (Alcohol that is)
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: November 28, 2019, 12:14:18 PM »

Might be something to naturally happen considering how it works.
Is now able to cook a decent Creamy Salmon Pasta, amok other things.

Still loves purple. Still not skilled enough to make a mod that doesn't get that one damn error.

ValeriYo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: December 26, 2019, 01:20:59 PM »

Are there any new ship designs coming in the future ? Not like they are needed, most of them are perfect fine with other mods but I kinda like this faction...well, I mostly play only this faction because of this dark mater thechnology stuff so I wanted to have more ships of these badass faction.

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: December 26, 2019, 01:54:18 PM »

no

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile

Small update to properly make the Eccentric hulls HVBs and remove the Outcast. The latter has been planned for a while and the Metafalica is now part of Tahlan Shipworks as a new Kassadari HVB, so it's not gone, just got a makeover

THIS ONE BREAKS SAVES

Fantastic Chimni

• Commander
  • Chimni
    • View Profile

Small update to properly make the Eccentric hulls HVBs and remove the Outcast. The latter has been planned for a while and the Metafalica is now part of Tahlan Shipworks as a new Kassadari HVB, so it's not gone, just got a makeover

THIS ONE BREAKS SAVES

This update will extract into the mods directory instead of a sylphon subfolder in the mods directory, probably not a huge issue, but it was confusing me when i was unzipping 5 or so mods at once and i gained 9 folders and a few misc files.

Malaise

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Outcast removed? You mean all outcast weapons and fighters are gone now? I really like them ;s
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 34