Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 34

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Sylphon RnD 1.0  (Read 335291 times)

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Sylphon RnD 0.9.5d - Making the Finis Astra less garbage edition
« Reply #330 on: August 29, 2019, 02:53:41 PM »

The skip buff isn't too major. It's mostly for better handling.
My mods: Tahlan Shipworks - ScalarTech Solutions - Trailer Moments
It's all in the presentation

Ambient

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: August 29, 2019, 05:10:03 PM »

How do I get Outcast ships? I've only seen their fighters and weapons on the Sylphon markets.

At some point I got the blueprints for them, and now my faction fleets always has one as the capital.

Asynchronicity

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: August 29, 2019, 05:12:48 PM »

How do I get Outcast ships? I've only seen their fighters and weapons on the Sylphon markets.

At some point I got the blueprints for them, and now my faction fleets always has one as the capital.
How rare are the outcast blueprints in general?  I just stumbled on the whole BP pack about an hour ago.

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: August 29, 2019, 06:08:40 PM »

How rare are the outcast blueprints in general?  I just stumbled on the whole BP pack about an hour ago.
Very very super rare.  I got the outcast pack... once.  Across every game I've played.  I've also gotten individual BPs for a few specific outcast items a few times.
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

Asynchronicity

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: August 29, 2019, 09:30:38 PM »

Very very super rare.  I got the outcast pack... once.  Across every game I've played.  I've also gotten individual BPs for a few specific outcast items a few times.
Well, hot dog.  I hear you're correct about the math too.

cathar

• Lieutenant
  • ludd is bae
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: August 30, 2019, 02:11:41 AM »

- Tarima is simply not a very good ship. Not every ship in a faction should be equally good. Keeps fleets balanced and nicer to play against.

As for the Tarima, it's not meant to be garbage, it's just mid-tier and can work just fine. It's just not a top-tier destroyer like the Hammerhead.

Emphasis mine, somehow these read mutually exclusive to me but eh.. Just for the sake of my sanity, what would you consider a decent loadout for the Tarima to make it work just fine?

Just got an Equilibrium and it has immediately become my new favorite ship of this mod (like almost any new ship I get from Sylphon to be honest). Best moment so far was skipping into the path of several flights of Piranhas and their bombs and just flux shotgunning them all in the face.
Am looking foward to a slight mobility buff, it really tends to just skip on the spot when used at low movement speed.

Oh well, time to scour the sector for Blueprints I guess, that capital outcast ship looks incredible.

Edit: One more question, Update 0.9.5d, is it safe to update mid-save? I want to try out the officially Less Garbage Finis Astra but don't want to lose my save.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2019, 02:13:36 AM by cathar »

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: August 30, 2019, 05:09:47 AM »

I might buff the Tarima's built-ins a bit. The ship is meant to function as a long-ranged fire support ship. Might increase the kinetic damage on the Veritas to make it work better in that role.

As for Outcasts and Eccentrics, I'll be adding some Vayra's Sector custom bounties for them to give a way to obtain the eccentrics (currently unboardable, but will change with the bounties) and offer another method of obtaining Outcast ships.

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: August 30, 2019, 06:12:18 PM »

I've gotten good-ish results out of a Tarima with 2x Charity Assault Blaster; the ship system cutting out other weapon use gives them time to recharge, and they're pretty good at smashing up stuff that's high on flux due to the Veritas cannons.  The hull does really need both ITU and +10% ordnance points, though.
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: August 30, 2019, 06:50:41 PM »

Here's some WIP patchnotes:

0.9.5e
Balancing:
- Reworked overall behaviour of nullspace skip slightly.
- Added a new Targeting AI Subroutines hullmod to Replekia and Valestri, that boosts energy weapon range by a flat 200su
   - This addition is meant to offset the recent nerfs to Sylphon large energy weapon ranges.
   - Since both Replekia and Valestri are somewhat sluggish, they needed something to offset their lack of mobility.
- Reduced Equilibrium DP from 60 to 55
   - While she brings firepower similar to a Paragon, the Equilibrium is also a much more fragile ship and extremely vulnerable to flanking, so I decided to lower the DP slightly.
- Doubled Rakia's flux generation from cloaking
- Buffed Tarima's built-in weapons a bit
   - Base damage increased from 400 to 500
   - Kinetic/HE split is now 3:1   
- Updated Sylvetra
   - Increased Dekris range from 600 to 700
   - Increased Dekris metal gain from beam damage
   - Added an additional small energy mount for range-finding purposes
   - Increased OP from 100 to 110

Bugfixing:
- Fixed certain blueprints being obtainable from raiding Sylphon markets

cathar

• Lieutenant
  • ludd is bae
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: August 31, 2019, 10:26:57 AM »

Why the Rakia nerf? It doesn't seem to be able to stay phased longer than similarly priced phase ships.

Starareo

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: August 31, 2019, 03:55:13 PM »

Rakia was without a doubt strong as hell in player hands. With the built in weapons, some additional strike weapons, and extra vents, you can punch way above your weight with a hit and run strategy. Also the damn thing can stay in phase for far longer than a Doom, comparatively the best phase ship in vanilla. Nerf will definitely add more risk.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2019, 05:14:10 PM by Starareo »

Avanitia

• Commander
  • Local Egg Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: September 02, 2019, 01:36:47 AM »

Rakia was without a doubt strong as hell in player hands. With the built in weapons, some additional strike weapons, and extra vents, you can punch way above your weight with a hit and run strategy. Also the damn thing can stay in phase for far longer than a Doom, comparatively the best phase ship in vanilla. Nerf will definitely add more risk.

Rakia doesn't have any time dillation to its "phase cloak" too - which means it's a totallynotphaseship that can effectively use its entire pool of Peak Performance Time.

I prefer putting long range kinetics onto it, these can deal with shields.
You haven't played Starsector unless your storage has one thousand Vulcans in it.

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Sylphon RnD 0.9.5e - More balance tweaks
« Reply #342 on: September 02, 2019, 08:23:55 AM »

Something something update

Changelog:
0.9.5e
Balancing:
- Reworked overall behaviour of nullspace skip
   - Increased duration
   - Increased cooldown
   - Boosted agility while active
- Added a new Targeting AI Subroutines hullmod to Replekia and Valestri, that boosts energy weapon range by a flat 200su
   - This addition is meant to offset the recent nerfs to Sylphon large energy weapon ranges.
   - Since both Replekia and Valestri are somewhat sluggish, they needed something to offset their lack of mobility.
- Reduced Equilibrium DP from 60 to 55
   - While she brings firepower similar to a Paragon, the Equilibrium is also a much more fragile ship and extremely vulnerable to flanking, so I decided to lower the DP slightly.
- Doubled Rakia's flux generation from cloaking
- Buffed Tarima's built-in weapons a bit
   - Base damage increased from 400 to 500
   - Kinetic/HE split is now 3:1   
- Updated Sylvetra
   - Increased Dekris range from 600 to 700
   - Increased Dekris metal gain from beam damage
   - Added an additional small energy mount for range-finding purposes
   - Increased OP from 100 to 110

Bugfixing:
- Fixed certain blueprints being obtainable from raiding Sylphon markets
- Made Fighter weapons visible in codex

EvilPineapple

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: September 02, 2019, 07:38:30 PM »

- Made Fighter weapons visible in codex

<3
I just had no idea what a lustration did

cathar

• Lieutenant
  • ludd is bae
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: September 03, 2019, 12:36:10 AM »

I'm still on .5c, is it safe to update to this on an existing save?
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 34