Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 34

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Sylphon RnD 1.0  (Read 335270 times)

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9a] Sylphon RnD 0.9.4
« Reply #195 on: February 06, 2019, 01:54:12 PM »

Is anyone having an issue where you learn a Sylphon hullmod but it doesn't show up on the refit screen? When I console command in another blueprint to try, it says already learned, but the hullmod is still not showing up. Only happens occasionally, but usually leads to a restart because I use Sylphon hullmods on a lot of ships.
The closest I've seen is an issue where sometimes a hull mod category defaults to being toggled off, resulting in it not showing up until I toggle everything off and then back on.  I think I recall reading somewhere that that would be fixed for starsector 0.9.1, though, and it's easy enough to work around in the meantime.
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

solardawning

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: February 18, 2019, 07:05:51 PM »

As of a few updates of this mod ago, the Sylphon experimental hullmods as well as the nullspace conduits for non-sylphon ships no longer appear in the modspec list in the refit screen. I assumed the mod creator had decided to remove them.

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: February 18, 2019, 08:22:31 PM »

I can verify that what you're describing does not happen for me, with the latest version of Sylphon.  Either you've got the "Sylphon RnD" category of hull mods turned off in the listing, or one of the other mods you have installed is interfering.  An easy way to test: go to any of the missions, where all hull mods are unlocked.  Click on 'Add' to get to the hull mod UI.  Down below the list of hull mods, click on the button labeled "Sylphon RnD (4)".  See if the mods show up.

solardawning

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: February 18, 2019, 08:48:19 PM »

You're right! Sylphon R&D has the only hullmods tagged with a manufacturer, so it's being subjected to the same (vanilla) bug that happens with the ship building list- when you unlock a new category of (thing), it starts off disabled. So since Sylphon hullmods have a different manufacturer tag, players won't ever see them unless they manually enable that category.

So I suspect that a few updates back is when the mod creator set them to that category, which is why Starareo and I thought they were removed- they stopped showing by default in the list (and are now the only thing hidden by default).

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9a] Sylphon RnD 0.9.4b
« Reply #199 on: February 21, 2019, 01:02:50 PM »

Little update with some more changes and bugfixes. Download link in first post.

Changelog:

Code
0.9.4a/b
Changes:
- Trails on Sylphon weapons are now considerably less CPU/GPU intesive at excessive time slowdown/speedup, at the cost of small amounts of visual pop-in at those moments for very fast projectiles
- Added Ambush Spec hullmod to Dread Eagle, boosting active vent rate by 50%
- Increased Dread Eagle flux capacaity from 16000 to 18000 and reduced dissipation from 500 to 400
- Changed Paja to be magazine-based

Bugfixing:
- Fixed some errors regarding the Frelia's convertable hangars
- The Drone Carrier hullmod now properly sounds an error when mounting incompatible LPCs
- Fixed Sylvetra crash error
- Fixed chain-lightning style weapons such as the Clemency Ping triggering multiple times if the ship moved fast enough

My mods: Tahlan Shipworks - ScalarTech Solutions - Trailer Moments
It's all in the presentation

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: February 22, 2019, 02:00:41 AM »

If you downloaded the update prior to this message, please redownload. Forgot to remove a reference to Tahlan Shipworks assets so it will crash if you don't have that mod. File is fixed now, my apologies.

alphald

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: February 24, 2019, 06:32:41 PM »

Very exquisite! But the balance is not good.

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: February 24, 2019, 06:53:31 PM »

Care to elaborate? I'm currently in the middle of a balance pass on some things so more input is always welcome.

Euphytose

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: February 25, 2019, 01:27:54 AM »

Personally I think the Dread Eagle is a bit too good. It almost feels like a bigger Hyperion.

Blothorn

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: February 25, 2019, 10:00:02 AM »

It's also a more expensive than a Hyperion, and its long cooldown on the teleport means you need to be careful where you jump to. It's an excellent flanker, but lacks the mobility to hit-and-run into difficult positions.

FreedomFighter

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: February 25, 2019, 10:37:11 PM »

It's also a more expensive than a Hyperion, and its long cooldown on the teleport means you need to be careful where you jump to. It's an excellent flanker, but lacks the mobility to hit-and-run into difficult positions.

AI also quite bad at it and doesn't account for escape plan. It is a good player ship if you know what you're doing and quite powerful due to large flux, sturdy, and project high firepower thank to the large slot.

The only ship that made me raise my eyebrows everytime I using it is the Rakia. It should be super rare to appear or make it as one of the kind ship. Usually, if phase ship got caught out in the open it is likely to die but Rakia has Armor Polarize which reduce damage intake by 90% and you can nullspace back once it ran out. You can use that to bait enemy shot too or bait their missiles/torpedos.

lethargie

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: February 26, 2019, 06:10:49 AM »

I only played in 8.1, but the rakia was by far the most annoying ship i have ever met.

I was doing the gladiator bounty where it appear and I had to restart several time. This thing was not catchable, I would wipe the entire fleet and it would escape, barely damaged. I did not have tons of fighter mind you. And I managed to destroy it once I bought and equipped several dedicated fast carrier with decent speed fighter.

Nevertheless, I do not think it was intended to be a normal occurrence, so I guess its fine if it's a bit op.

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: February 26, 2019, 09:41:22 AM »

The Rakia is meant to be a supership and rare. It's probably a bit too common right now, but I'll make some adjustments to that in the next patch.

Flix

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: February 26, 2019, 11:26:26 AM »

Care to elaborate? I'm currently in the middle of a balance pass on some things so more input is always welcome.

The dread eagle is way too good. It has mobility that put almost any frigate to shame. I can down onslaughts with it easily. I think the long distance null skip jump thingy has too much range. I know its more fragile than a normal eagle but I don't think that compensates its super mobility + "firepower right into your ass" capabilities. That said it's really fun to pilot.
It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose.

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: February 26, 2019, 11:41:28 AM »

The dread eagle is way too good. It has mobility that put almost any frigate to shame. I can down onslaughts with it easily.
An unsupported Onslaught dies to anything with a decent mobility advantage; being able to easily kill Onslaughts is not really something to brag about.  It's also been my experience that the Dread Eagle is only really good as a player flagship; like any ship with a teleporter, it has a tendency to over-extend and die under AI control.

Which is not to say that the balance there is necessarily perfect, but I'd suggest trying a few other high-mobility cruisers before calling for nerfs here; the Dread Eagle is weaker than an Aurora or a Doom or any of a number of mod-added cruisers; in many circumstances, I'd even take a SO Dominator over a Dread Eagle.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 34