Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 34

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Sylphon RnD 1.0  (Read 335290 times)

FreedomFighter

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9a] Sylphon RnD 0.9.2a - Nex support ahoy
« Reply #150 on: January 11, 2019, 07:55:32 AM »

Oh look! Pretty in pink! ;D

Starareo

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 11, 2019, 09:37:56 AM »

Both of my Frelias appear to be generating passive flux, which means they never hit their 0 flux bonus speed, making deployments somewhat difficult. Whenever I vent, the flux just goes right up again, capping around 1000ish. They all have Integrated Targeting Units, Local Soothers, and High Resolution Sensors. When I manually pilot them, there is no passive flux generation. The problem might be in my skills or something, but is anyone else having the same issue?

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 11, 2019, 10:03:47 AM »

Both of my Frelias appear to be generating passive flux, which means they never hit their 0 flux bonus speed, making deployments somewhat difficult. Whenever I vent, the flux just goes right up again, capping around 1000ish. They all have Integrated Targeting Units, Local Soothers, and High Resolution Sensors. When I manually pilot them, there is no passive flux generation. The problem might be in my skills or something, but is anyone else having the same issue?
This is a vanilla issue with carriers setting their fighters to engage when they shouldn't; for me, this was resolved by making sure I was using a flagship that didn't have fighters.
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 11, 2019, 12:06:06 PM »

as Wyvern said, this is a vanilla feature to prevent carriers from kiting with 0-flux boost while having their fighters attacking. Sadly the AI is sometimes too stupid to recall its fighters.
My mods: Tahlan Shipworks - ScalarTech Solutions - Trailer Moments
It's all in the presentation

FreedomFighter

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 13, 2019, 07:52:16 AM »

as Wyvern said, this is a vanilla feature to prevent carriers from kiting with 0-flux boost while having their fighters attacking. Sadly the AI is sometimes too stupid to recall its fighters.

It was crazy back then with 10% zero-flux boost. Now it is 5% so Carrier can't do that anymore

Starareo

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 13, 2019, 09:11:03 AM »

Thanks for the answer!

FreedomFighter

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 14, 2019, 03:03:37 AM »

Not 5%, 1%.

Right. I miss the (Non-Carrier only).

Got my hand on Rekia. It. . .it creeping me out everytime I use it. Dread Eagle also creeps me out for an unknown reason. I just wish the AI is competent enough while using it.

Starareo

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 14, 2019, 08:44:45 AM »

I wish the AI would be more competent with using the lightning abilities of the Equilibrium and Seresvalla because they tend to fire them off whenever and wherever, which has probably destroyed more allied fighter wings and missiles than enemy.

603bill

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 14, 2019, 02:18:58 PM »

Random bug, the top right small energy mount on the Omega Aeterna (both versions) is a medium mount.

Thyrork

• Lieutenant
  • Give more then you take.
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 14, 2019, 03:11:03 PM »

It pain's me that I can't seem to add the current full roster of the Sylphon to my production, because they're so dang cool and I want to aggressively rep and expand them in Nex.  ;D

The Rakia in particular is a joy to fly that feels perfectly on the knife edge of being powerful and easy to catastrophically slip up in.
Bio engineering starship mods is extremely Safe. I did the math.

SupaMuffinMan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 15, 2019, 03:38:43 AM »

Love the mod and the sexy effects!

have a q's though..... wtf does the Seresvalla capital do? i dont understand its special ability "Flux Exchanger".

cheers.

Avanitia

• Commander
  • Local Egg Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 15, 2019, 03:48:09 AM »

Love the mod and the sexy effects!

have a q's though..... wtf does the Seresvalla capital do? i dont understand its special ability "Flux Exchanger".

cheers.

(not 100% sure if it works that way)
Seresvalla takes flux from ships with Nullspace Conduits (integrated or not, doesn't matter, i think) and stores it (you can see how much it stored in left side of the screen, same place where you see remaining PPT, etc).
When you turn off the system, it deals damage in frontal arc depending on the amount of flux stored, so it can be pretty powerful if you increase the flux capacity and use ships with Nullspace Conduits or put modular Nullspace Conduits on other combat ships in your fleet.

Seresvalla also increases burn level of your entire fleet by one, which is helpful when you have ships with low burn level in your fleet.
You haven't played Starsector unless your storage has one thousand Vulcans in it.

SupaMuffinMan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 15, 2019, 06:18:58 PM »

Thank you Avanitia, I'll put it into action now.

FreedomFighter

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 15, 2019, 11:14:37 PM »

Just beware that the null lightning bolt will fry everything in front of it, friend or foe. Sylphon ships take reduce damage from it but their fighter wings are likely to be fry on the spot. It still a great tool to smite fighter swarm.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 34