Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 34

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Sylphon RnD 1.0  (Read 335352 times)

Kwbr

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8.1a] Sylphon RnD 0.7d
« Reply #60 on: August 22, 2018, 06:44:21 PM »

The metafalica is seriously cool and probably my new favorite capital ship definitely not because it seems heavily inspired by harlock

On another note, the replekia seems to behave like a dedicated carrier when controlled by the AI, at least a steady captain anyways. I've consistently had to give it direct orders otherwise it just sits back with the other carriers.

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8.1a] Sylphon RnD 0.8
« Reply #61 on: October 11, 2018, 08:58:08 AM »

Sylphon RnD - patch 0.8

It's finally here. The big 0.8 update bringing more changes than I can even remember, including new campaign features, a fully reworked Frelia and much more. Enjoy.

Warning: Breaks all the saves of course.

DOWNLOAD HERE

Changelog:
Spoiler
Additions:
-Added Fulgent-class carrier for Remnant
-Added a campaign-layer feature allowing you to automate most Sylphon designs in exchange for AI cores and credits (available to core Sylphon markets)
-Added a new shipsystem to some Sylphon carriers: the Nullfield Catalyst
-Added the first rules.csv additions in the mod: custom dialogue for turning in AI cores
-Ad-c¤ ? €Mä=23 £*/ REDACTED-
-Added an additional gladiator society bounty following the null order line of bounties. If you're looking for the Metafalica, maybe give it a try.

Changes:
-The Tahlan Shipworks are now a separate mod altogether, and their ships are no longer available
-Completely reworked the Frelia battlecarrier; it now has a pair of super-heavy weapons which can be converted into hangar bays
-Updated some descriptions
-Changed pricing of various weapons to be more consistent
-All Nullspace Conduit hullmods now reduces the damage of harmful nullspace forces (such as overloading Nullspace Conduits)
-Removed the Heavy Autoforge from Ozma station; it was a carryover from previous versions
-Ozma station market size decreased by 1
-Castrum market size increased by 1
-The Embrace now auto-charges; you can't release the trigger to cancel a shot
-Adapted the Embrace script to function properly with the new sound effects from MesoTroniK
-Changed the mechanics of the Flux Exchanger; it now fires bolts of energy at a fixed damage, which are randomly spread across any available targets; more charged energy=more bolts of energy
-The Flux Exchanger AI now considers preventing non-fighter friendly fire twice as important as before, and is generally slightly less willing to activate the system
-Modular Nullspace Conduits are now incompatible with Safety Overrides
-Skallic Drones now has a maximum range of 6000 SU
-Slightly changed the Hymnon's old glowing capacitor sprite
-Changed Replekia large mounts to energy (Hybrids were a holdover from an earlier iteration that I forgot to change)
-Adjusted Replekia's base cost down to sensible levels
-Increased spawn rates for faction hullmods in markets and prototype hullmod ship variants in Sylphon fleets
-Removed all non-Sylphon ships from the mod, to be released as standalone later on.

Balancing:
-Myrigo upgrade
   --Increased Myrigo OP cost from 12 to 18
   --Increased number of harrow S launchers from 4 to 6
   --Added Vacuity PD
-Improved Finis Astra maneuverability
-Lowered Seresvalla dissipation by 100
-Radiant Dawn:
   --DPS increased from 300 to 350
   --Beams now fully converge
   --(further changes to be coming in the future)
-Prototype Nullpoint Shield hullmod:
   --Damage reduction reduced from 50% to 45%
   --Bolt range increased from 600 SU to 700 SU
-Clemency Pulse/Ping
   --Now only disables missiles if its EMP is higher than 1/3rd of the missiles current health (still considers EMP resistance, but previously anything without EMP resist would automatically be disabled)
-Condemnation range lowered to 800 SU

Bugfixes:
-Fixed case sensitivity bugs for Linux
-Fixed Bounties not spawning properly when Nexerelin is loaded
-Fixed the stability bonus from the Geofront on Castrum not having a description
-Fixed Outcast Nullspace Conduits not counting as nullspace conduits for the purpose of the Flux Exchanger
-The Disavowal's beams now properly converge in the center (used to converge on the left-hand side)
-Fixed some visual issues regarding engines and the Slip Drive, Nullspace Skip and Nullspace Joust
-Fixed some minor issues with commodity supply and demand on Castrum
-Fixed a bug causing many in-game icons to display improperly or not display at all
-The Metafalica's built-in Phira cannons no longer prioritize missiles
-The Götterdämmerung now correctly fires a single beam, instead of three overlayed ones (some damage values were tweaked due to this, but the end result should be similar)
-Modular Nullspace Conduits are no longer incompatible with themselves
-Automated Sylphon ships no longer have 0.8 crew capacity
-Fixed some incompatibility issues with Gladiator Society
-Fixed a display error when in combat against or with a Metafalica
-Fixed esoteric crashing issue due to a corrupt .variant file
-Minor code cleanup
[close]
« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 09:03:04 AM by Nia Tahl »
My mods: Tahlan Shipworks - ScalarTech Solutions - Trailer Moments
It's all in the presentation

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8.1a] Sylphon RnD 0.8.1
« Reply #62 on: October 11, 2018, 02:18:48 PM »

Small 0.8.1 patch, adding supership starts and new defence station for Sylphon. Download in the first post as always.

Maelstrom

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 11, 2018, 05:06:27 PM »

Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Error loading [data/config/gsounty/SRD_Yokai.json] resource, not found in [C:\Users\Poste\Desktop\starsector vanilla\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\DynaSector,C:\Users\Poste\Desktop\starsector vanilla\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Active-Gates,C:\Users\Poste\Desktop\starsector vanilla\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Arsenal Expansion 1.4.10,C:\Users\Poste\Desktop\starsector vanilla\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Athena Dreadnought,C:\Users\Poste\Desktop\starsector vanilla\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Blackrock Drive Yards,C:\Users\Poste\Desktop\starsector vanilla\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Combat Alarm Sounds,C:\Users\Poste\Desktop\starsector vanilla\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Combat Chatter,C:\Users\Poste\Desktop\starsector vanilla\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Common Radar,C:\Users\Poste\Desktop\starsector vanilla\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Console Commands,C:\Users\Poste\Desktop\starsector vanilla\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Dassault-Mikoyan Engineering,C:\Users\Poste\Desktop\starsector vanilla\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Degenerate Portrait Pack,C:\Users\Poste\Desktop\starsector vanilla\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\DIABLEAVIONICS,C:\Users\Poste\Desktop\starsector vanilla\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\gs,C:\Users\Poste\Desktop\starsector vanilla\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Ifed Legacy,C:\Users\Poste\Desktop\starsector vanilla\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Interstellar Imperium,C:\Users\Poste\Desktop\starsector vanilla\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\LazyLib,C:\Users\Poste\Desktop\starsector vanilla\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Leading Pip,C:\Users\Poste\Desktop\starsector vanilla\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Metelson,C:\Users\Poste\Desktop\starsector vanilla\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Neutrino corp,C:\Users\Poste\Desktop\starsector vanilla\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\New Galactic Order 1.06b,C:\Users\Poste\Desktop\starsector vanilla\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Nexerelin,C:\Users\Poste\Desktop\starsector vanilla\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Omnifactory,C:\Users\Poste\Desktop\starsector vanilla\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\ORA,C:\Users\Poste\Desktop\starsector vanilla\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\TARGETS,C:\Users\Poste\Desktop\starsector vanilla\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\sad,C:\Users\Poste\Desktop\starsector vanilla\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Save Transfer,C:\Users\Poste\Desktop\starsector vanilla\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\SCY,C:\Users\Poste\Desktop\starsector vanilla\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\SEEKER_UC,C:\Users\Poste\Desktop\starsector vanilla\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Shadowyards,C:\Users\Poste\Desktop\starsector vanilla\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Ship and Weapon Pack,C:\Users\Poste\Desktop\starsector vanilla\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Simulator Overhaul,C:\Users\Poste\Desktop\starsector vanilla\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Sylphon,C:\Users\Poste\Desktop\starsector vanilla\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Templars,C:\Users\Poste\Desktop\starsector vanilla\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Underworld,C:\Users\Poste\Desktop\starsector vanilla\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\UnknownSkies,C:\Users\Poste\Desktop\starsector vanilla\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\UpgradedRotaryWeapons,C:\Users\Poste\Desktop\starsector vanilla\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Audio Plus,C:\Users\Poste\Desktop\starsector vanilla\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\GraphicsLib,C:\Users\Poste\Desktop\starsector vanilla\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\hell aids,../starfarer.res/res,CLASSPATH]
   at com.fs.util.Object.Ó00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.util.Object.Ô00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils.return(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils.Ø00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.settings.StarfarerSettings$1.loadJSON(Unknown Source)
   at src.data.scripts.campaign.GS_Bounty.loadBounty(GS_Bounty.java:72)
   at src.data.scripts.campaign.GS_Bounty.<clinit>(GS_Bounty.java:49)
   ... 15 more

Snrasha

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 11, 2018, 09:06:00 PM »

Your Gladiator version is not updated. The class "GS_Bounty" do not exist anymore.
(Also, the variant do not exist, so the game crash, but here, this is not the fault of Gladiator mod)
I am pretty bad on english. So, sorry in advance.

Gladiator Society
Add battle options on Com Relay/ Framework for modders for add their own bounty.

Sanguinary Autonomist Defectors A fan-mod of Shadowyard.

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 12, 2018, 12:06:56 AM »

Already fixed in 0.8.1

LB

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 12, 2018, 10:06:00 PM »

Somebody's spent a lot of time playing around in Ar Ciel.

Maelstrom

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 13, 2018, 11:58:11 AM »

thanks snrash, will check it out the new update o7

pairedeciseaux

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 19, 2018, 02:42:02 PM »

Hi,

I started playing Starsector 1 year ago, and I've added Sylphon RnD to my mod list when it was released 3 month ago - played a least one campaign back then. I've played a campaign with Sylphon 0.8 / 0.8.1, here is a short feedback:

- Great unique ship designs, art style and polish. Overall fits quite well with Starsector and other mods.

- Good selection of ships, they fit many different roles. They feel a bit like Tri Tachyon ships with more options.

- Interesting weapons. Most energy weapons have an unusual sustained fire capability due to their relative low flux, but are not the best at cracking armor. They are suprisingly good against shield, probably due to Sylphon weapon's native flux efficiency combined with Sylphon flux discount hull mod.

- As others have reported here, I too find the black smoke trails a bit disturbing. Especially as they seem to be displayed over the ship and over its shield, it feels a bit out of place to me. The "regular" engine smoke is displayed under the shield, isn't it ? The black smoke is a neat looking visual effect, but ships already have that special pink/red glow and of course a very distinct shield. Let me put this another way, from someone who is not an artist : IMO you don't need any of those additionnal visual effects (glow and smoke), Sylphon's ships and weapons are already great looking. Or ... maybe try to have the black smoke not cover the ship and its shield.  ;)

Balance - I'm not sure what your goal is balance-wise, so the following may or may not be relevant to you:

- Sylphon ships tend to be better than others. They are not crazy overpowered as those from Knights Templar and Foundation of Borken, I think they sit in the middle between those and the base game.

- Sylphon ships have higher than average firepower (and/or defense) combined with higher than average mobility.

- A rough estimate comparing my latest Starsector campaigns would be : playing Sylphon I can have 30% less ships in my fleet and on the battle field ... and it still feels easier. But at this point I should point out : sometimes I've used non Sylphon weapons.

- Catora frigate : 180 top speed, 200 base flux dissipation, 500 armor !

- Silverhead destroyer : 110 top speed, "phase cloak" ability, 450 base flux dissipation, good shield !

- Dread Eagle cruiser : 80 top speed, "phase cloak" ability, 750 base flux dissipation, good shield !

- Scourge Eagle cruiser : ... overall feels like an upgrade to the already good Dread Eagle (even if somes stats are slightly worse) !

- Dread/Scourge Eagles look a bit like a regular Eagle, but they behave much like an Aurora ... an Aurora that would have traded somes of its small mounts for a large mount, and accepts balistic weapons on its medium mounts. One could also compare them to a Blackrock Nevermore or a Dassault-Mikoyan Kormoran or even the purple Eagle-like mod cruiser bounty ship from Ship/Weapon Pack. IMO the Sylphon Eagles are better than these as general purpose ships and they also easilly support many different loadouts.

- Seresvalla capital : 80 top speed, 800 base flux dissipation, 2 large synergy mounts and 1 medium energy mount on the front, great shield, can be almost invincible in player's hand. The AI uses the ship system in dangerous situations where it should not - it makes the ship much weaker.

- Replekia capital : the change in 0.8 from large hybrid to large energy is good. But even without balistics, this ship is still a beast.

- Tilia destroyer-level carrier : 3 fighter bays ? Did not have this one in my fleet, but it seems to be better than any other destroyer-level carrier.

- Hubris cruiser-level carrier : 2 figher bays ? Designed as a hybrid missile boat / fighter carrier ? Kind of sits between a Gryphon and a Mora ... but also has flux to use its medium energy weapons and do some damage by himself. Maybe a bit too versatile ?

- Selene large missile launcher : fast "phase cloak" missiles with good tracking, 1500 high explosive damage, 1500 EMP damage, 5000 range, 9 ammo and ... auto-reloading - thankfully the "reloaded/minute" is low at 1.2, but I think this weapon is a bit too good nonetheless. Yet if it weren't, I'm not sure I would still use it.

Last thing: I've had several "crash to desktop", most certainly due to Sylphon 0.8 / 0.8.1. Never had a crash with previous versions. Please have a look at the relevant topic in the bugs section : http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=13700.0

Anyway, thank you for this awesome mod !  :)

lethargie

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 24, 2018, 10:29:43 AM »

Love the Mod, its really really beautifull

Perhaps because I love it so much, I would like to point out some balance problems:

but first:
- A rough estimate comparing my latest Starsector campaigns would be : playing Sylphon I can have 30% less ships in my fleet and on the battle field ... and it still feels easier. But at this point I should point out : sometimes I've used non Sylphon weapons.
Ship power should always be normalised to their deployement points. Sylphon ship use more point: less ship but more powerfull. I tend to agree that a lot of ships are probably misclassified. The Ascordia for example got the weapons, the shield, the flux and the deployement point of a large cruiser/small capital yet is classified as a destroyer.

for balance of the guns:
The adlockium does a preposterous amount of damage for the range and energy efficiency it has. Its almost as much dps as a plasma cannon if you count the double damage third shot but it consume 40% less flux. It has better range and use less space too. It penetrate armor a bit less, but the third shot got the almost same damage per impact.
Comparatively, the divinity gun is less flux efficient, has less range, does less per damage shot and take more space.

for Balance of the ships.
All carrier have a very low fighter/deployment point ratio which makes them very poor if you only want fighter. One the other side if you want to use them as a ship they tend to be very bad too. I honestly never used the sylphon carrier's after trying them, only the capital sized one is pretty good.

The Dread eagle is a bit too much. It takes barely more deployment point than an aurora (2 more) yet beats it in almost every way possible. More firepower, more armor, more mobility and more range.
The Seresvalla takes as much space as and onslaught yet can facetank and kill every other ship in vanilla and most mod I have seen. This is probably due to the preposterous shield efficiency it has which is a recurrent problem on all sylphon ship. The problem is also amplified by the power of the adlockium weapon.

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 24, 2018, 11:05:30 AM »

So to go over various points of feedback:

The Adloquium doesn't do as much damage as you believe it does. The dps value shown is true and the first two shots deal 25% less damage while the last one deals 50% more damage. This means the 3 shots deal 750, 750 and 1500 damage respectively, each split across two projectiles. I'll update the description to be clearer on that.

As for the Ascordia, it's to be treated as a super-destroyer that guns above its class. The destroyer classification specifically limits the effect of certain hullmods to destroyer-level however. ITU being one example. All classifications were chosen for a reason.

The carriers are in a decent place currently, I'd say. I might lower the DP on the Eolia some, but the Tilia is only 2 DP above the drover and comes with a free built-in wing.

The Dread Eagle and Seresvalla both have nerfs to their shields coming, both going down to 0.8 efficiency with the next patch.

lethargie

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 25, 2018, 08:40:05 AM »

Cool, nice reply.

To try to heap a bit more deserved praise, lest you think I do not like the mod.
The heavy weapon shooting 3 emp bullet is beautiful. I find it perfectly balanced and very good looking. It my favorite weapon from the mod.

As for the adlockium, it still does as much damage in a salvo as a plasma canon, yet compare favorably to the mjolnir cannon. More flux efficiently, more armor piercing capacities, less point to install. It looses 100 range and emp, but I think it still come up vastly superior. Compared to other energy weapon I don't think I've seen a better weapon in mods.

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 25, 2018, 04:58:19 PM »

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the adloquium won't receive any changes. It's scheduled for a number of nerfs across the board.

Here's the current list of upcoming balance changes, all subject to change:

Spoiler
Balancing:
-Buffed Finis Astra's mobility stats across the board to make the giant deathray a bit less tedious to move around. Still can't hit moving targets.
-Scourge Eagle supply costs upped to 36/36
-Celika Rel supply costs upped to 10/10
-Dread Eagle - made a bit squishier to be more in line with the aggressive high risk/reward design it's intended for
 --shield efficiency lowered from 0.7 to 0.8
 --Armor lowered from 600 to 500
 --Top speed lowered from 80 to 70
-Replekia dissipation lowered from 1000 to 900
-Nullpoint Barrier
 --system duration lowered from 3 to 2 seconds
 --cooldown increased from 5 to 8 seconds
-Seresvalla shield efficiency lowered from 0.6 to 0.8
-Eolia supply costs lowered to 26/26
-Catora top speed lowered from 180 to 120
-Celika top speed lowered from 160 to 140
-Silverhead top speed lowered from 110 to 100
-Adloquium
 --OP raised from 22 to 24
 --Time between salvos increased by 2s
 --energy per shot increased from 1100 to 1200
[close]

pairedeciseaux

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 26, 2018, 03:43:59 AM »

Ship power should always be normalised to their deployement points. Sylphon ship use more point: less ship but more powerfull.

Oh absolutely! In my previous message I tried to convey a general feel I got while playing, but I didn't look really close at the actual numbers. I've done so now for the Catora frigate and Silverhead destroyer, and I still find those ships better than their peers, even when factoring DP. I'll post a comparison in another message.

Here's the current list of upcoming balance changes, all subject to change:

These are definitely nice balancing changes, IMO. Slowing down the Catora makes it closer to its "heavy frigate" description. ;) You may also want to look at its acceleration.

Looking forward to play the next Sylphon RnD version! Thanks for letting us know what's coming.  :)

pairedeciseaux

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 26, 2018, 04:46:27 AM »

I've attached one picture to this post, comparing the Catora frigate to its peers. What do you think ?

Disclaimer: there may be some typos/mistakes.

My assessment:
Spoiler
Catora frigate:
  • in many ways close to a Tempest
  • best hull, best armor
  • impressive flux capacity
  • high mobility (despite lowish turning abilities)
  • high peak performance time
  • IMO, its only real drawback/limitation compared to others : weapon mounts, it really needs missiles and/or high burst small energy (antimatter blaster, light phase lance) in order to do effective damage
  • conclusion: one of the most resilient frigate in the sector
[close]

[attachment deleted by admin]
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 34