Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Just wanted to say this game is great  (Read 3505 times)

tzuridis

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Just wanted to say this game is great
« on: July 13, 2018, 03:06:53 AM »

A few games I played in the past (EV Nova, Endless Sky, SPAZ 2 etc.) led me to search for similar games and I ended up finding my way here. Already at this state of the game it matches all of those and with mods it is probably one of the best games I have ever played. I have been playing it for hours on end for almost 2 weeks now although modded to hell and with different settings (25 credit supplies!) Do I see the future as EV Nova mixed with a wee bit of Stellaris?

Thanks for making such a great game and making it so easy to mod, I am actually not looking forward to my summer vacation now as I won't have my desktop with me. 

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Just wanted to say this game is great
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2018, 09:02:28 AM »

Welcome to the forum, and thank you!

(Sorry about messing with your vacation :))

Psycho Society

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2018, 11:24:00 PM »

it's a good game

Igncom1

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2018, 11:36:55 PM »

Yeah it's one of the few games that I keep coming back to over and over.
Sunders are the best ship in the game.

ErKeL

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2018, 03:38:46 AM »

Always get excited to see the next patch because it always feels new and exciting. For an early access game it already achieves so much with solid and fun gameplay as a base. Can easily tell Alex is pretty dedicated to it and I admire his ability to quash even the most discrete of bugs so that each release runs flawlessly despite being an alpha.

Weltall

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2018, 03:58:22 AM »

I really can't believe myself how much I got into this game. I got into it when I tried it, loved it and went out of my way to buy it, even if normally I do not buy alpha games and Starsector is the only non Steam/physical game I own. From 0.6.2a I tried at my friend and then buying it and having it home, I have came back to the game and played it numerous times. In my perspective, every version feels complete (be it vanilla or modded). It just always feels like a different game, kind of.

I blame my friend for showing this to me, resulting with me getting so addicted to it, enough to still be returning to it.
Ignorance is bliss..

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2018, 11:34:40 AM »

I want to add a big thanks for have the modding programming language being a real language with access to the renderer.  That has to honestly be one of the best decisions made when building this game.

Baqar79

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2018, 05:43:32 PM »

Many, many thanks for creating this game!

I didn't think much of the game at first, but now even in it's current state the game it is in my "favourite games of all time" list and has joined other space strategy games that I very much enjoyed (eg Stars!, MOO2, Space Rangers 2). 

I'm also surprised at how much I love the real time combat in the game considering how I try to keep with turn-based strategy games almost exclusively (eg pretty much all RTS's with exception to Supreme Commander, where the massive maps combined with being able to queue construction items makes this a bit more relaxing to play).

Each new version has been more and more exciting; it feels like being a child again and it's the evening before Christmas, yet I can't get to sleep so I can wake up and open the presents. :D

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2018, 08:48:51 PM »

Thank you all for your kind words! <3