Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Objects in Space  (Read 2544 times)

Andy H.K.

• Commander
    • View Profile
Objects in Space
« on: July 03, 2018, 08:29:11 PM »

https://store.steampowered.com/app/824070/Objects_in_Space/

http://objectsgame.com/

Modempunk Space trading "subsim in space" game where you fly your ship using 90's computer, listen in to your surroundings by observing waveform on your sensor, and check your mail with command console. Do monitor your emission and crash dive into EmCon mode when pirates send a torpedo towards you, or if you're bounty hunting, to get within their baffles and wait for a firing solution. When hull is breaching and systems are frying, disconnect and unscrew the cover of the module and hope you brought some spare components to replace the busted ones. When you made it to the station and finish your contract, another NPC could be waiting for you at the bar, leading to another adventure.

If you're like me and like going dark and sneaking around, give it a look.

Oh, you can also fly your ship with command console.

Chronosfear

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Objects in Space
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2018, 08:36:49 AM »

Haven't bought it yet.

But hell, i really got goosebumps when i watched the video in which the dev was on a bounty hunt.
simple yet so freaking intense.

got it on may watchlist and will continue to see where this is going.

thanks.

Chronosfear
Be the change that you wish to see in the world.

My words are backed with nuclear weapons
Gandhi (Civ)

Reth

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2018, 10:42:35 AM »

Ty for that. This looks promising, but according to the reviews it is currently very unstable and I'm generally very careful with early access titles (SS is the only one until now). On to the wishlist with it and see where it is in half a year.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2018, 11:03:26 AM by Reth »

cpmartins

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2018, 01:50:39 PM »

I bought the game a few days ago after pirating and trying the latest version, 30 hours in and 1 crash. Amazing game all around. Well, except the human models inside the stations that is :)
So if you are on the fence, now is the time to jump in imho.