Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Custom Trail Script (IMPORTANT INFO UPDATE)  (Read 7371 times)

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
Re: Custom Trail Script (Nicke's Toybox)
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2018, 06:31:44 PM »

I would strongly suggest making this into a library-style mod (LazyLib etc) because of versioning mandates (all mods must use the same version).

Machine

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2018, 09:46:08 PM »

This is awesome, specially since the second gif is not just what I wanted for one of my weapons, but actually way better.
Also, if I may, ToyBoxLib sounds like a good name to me.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2018, 11:28:36 PM »

I would strongly suggest making this into a library-style mod (LazyLib etc) because of versioning mandates (all mods must use the same version).
That's the idea, but that library would also get a few of my scripts too (Sprite Manager, Custom Muzzle Flashes, Fake Beam, Custom Targeting Tool...) and first I need to clean them up and improve some that are too specialized right now. It could also include your Anamorphic Flare script if you don't mind.

bananana

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2018, 03:12:16 AM »

that's an awesome thing by itself, but i'll probably wait until it's a lib. too many things can go wrong otherwise.
but i really like that spiral trail on the third screenshot.
Any and ALL sprites i ever posted on this forum are FREE to use. even if i'm using them myself. Don't ever, EVER ask for permission, or i will come to your home and EAT YOUR DOG!!!
i do NOT want to see my name appear in the credits section of any published mod and will consider it a personal insult.

Sproginator

• Admiral
  • Forum Ancient
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2018, 03:30:00 AM »

These.Look.Incredible.

Good work!
A person who's never made a mistake, never tried anything new
- Albert Einstein

As long as we don't quit, we haven't failed
- Jamie Fristrom (Programmer for Spiderman2 & Lead Developer for Energy Hook)

Nicke535

• Commander
  • Degenerate Core
    • View Profile
Re: Custom Trail Script (IMPORTANT INFO UPDATE)
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2018, 07:17:58 AM »

The Custom Trail Script is no longer available, in preparation for 0.9 re-release. All the Custom Trail functionalities will be baked into MagicLib; the "loose" script is as of Starsector 0.9 declared deprecated. Up until the release of Starsector 0.9, the script is still available to use (but not available from this thread as I want to reduce the spreading of the loose script in the 0.9 modding scene as much as possible).

There are multiple reasons for migrating the script in this manner, but here are the three primary ones:
  • Performance improvements for the end-user
  • I can now add new content to the script more often than "each major Starsector update"
  • I can now bug-fix the script, should need arise, without forcing other modders to re-write their implementations

Anyone who wants to spawn these custom trails will have to use MagicLib from this point onward. I apologize for the inconvenience this may cause, but am convinced that it will overall improve this script as it can now receive ongoing support and improvement.
Pages: 1 [2]